EK to offer Backplate Cooling Solution

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    With liquid cooling you are cooling just one side, why not the other one as well EK must have figured.  They have the first proper active backplate cooling solution that is integrated seamlessly, in ...

EK to offer Backplate Cooling Solution

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    Interesting. I am about to order a vertical mount just to see the way3er block on my gpu.

This is different for sure.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ref 6900 XT
    Needed imo for cards with memory on the back.

4. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080ti
    finally.....it only took RTX 3000 and RX 6000 for them to get on it I became painfully aware of the problem after opening my case and touching the backplate after 14hrs of gaming with the gpu @99% (borderlands 3) which made me completely rethink the way I built my cases
    that said the larger and open "free flow" backplate of recent rtx and rx seems to help a bit, spoiler alert I've tested a 3090 and I noticed the backplate cools much quicker after a gaming session than my 1080ti

5. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti/3090FTW
    I wonder how well this is going to stack up against Optimus Cooling and their Absolute water blocks? I have one on order already....Well I should say back order as that would seem.

Shipping is a nightmare right now I guess with them. That and I want to say there was a Nickel plating issue for a short while and they didn't want a poor product too.

Guess there's a review on gamers nexus, but that was with a preliminary block and not their final rendition of what has been reaching the masses.

6. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga RTX2070XCUltra
    I had a FX 5800 I think it was that I had bought an aftermarket cooler for that wrapped around to cool the back of the card as well. It wasn't water-cooled but still something ahead of its time.

7. brogadget

brogadget Active Member

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021