EK Releases Radeon R9 Fury X Water Block

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    EK is excited to launch the true single-slot liquid cooling solution for AMD Radeon reference design R9 FURY X graphics card. EK-FC R9 Fury X directly cools the GPU, HBM as well as VRM (voltage regula...

EK Releases Radeon R9 Fury X Water Block

2. Noufel

Noufel Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti xtrem
    I hope they unlock the voltage soon for people who will buy those blocks :)

3. eXXon

eXXon Member

GPU:
    GTX780 SLI
    Seriously, there would be zero incentive for getting this block if the voltage stays locked. Come on AMD, bring back the glory days of the unlocked (and overclockable) 7970.

4. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X Vapour X
    Seems like the logical way to do a crossfire setup, which Tweaktown report the Fury is built for Crossfire on 4K+ displays.
    Though still, for the extra outlay for waterblocks, etc. You'd want to be able to properly OC.

5. Enticles

Enticles Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    i wonder if a non-x Fury with a full cover waterblock (and perhaps redesigned PCB and factory OC'ed) would perform better than a locked down Fury X with AMD's AIO cooler.

if the regular Fury can OC and is ~$100 cheaper than the X model then it would be a no brainer for watercooled PC's, buy the "lesser" GPU, cool it with your loop and let the clocks run off into the distance.

dont know much about the non-x model though, so if its locked down also then everything i said above is moot.