EK Releases New Delta2 TEC for LGA 1700 and Intel 12th Gen Core CPUs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 8, 2022.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Back in the UK this was never really an issue as ambient in my mancave was easy to keep low. But now I live in the East Med I am becoming interested again in custom cooling solutions.
    I have run an exterior rad solution a few years ago, apart from the dust it worked well. It's something j may look at again in the absense of a chiller

2. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    You are using the same coustom loop, just add 4 meter with tube and quick disconnects to the chiller. Is 4 meter tube ALOT more?

When running chiller, turn off the fans of the radiators as it will only heat up the water to ambient. Set watertemp on the chiller, so it doesn't go under "dev" point.

3. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    It's for gamingloads. Typical 60-140w. It makes the cpu to boost to higher clock. Low temperature on the cpu = lower resistance -> higher clock for less current ("voltage") = lower power consume per clock.

No this isn't for 24/7 rendering, as many people here believe LOL

Ln2 is "unlocking" this, so a cpu can run crazy low "voltage" per clock compared to 70-80c cpu's.

Heat is my enemy #1 when having fun with my hobby, overclocking :D

4. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Depends on where the chiller is, personally I would not want to have the chiller in the same room as me, both because of heat and noise and maybe also esthetics.
    The chiller also has a hot side that needs plumbing, but I guess that you have a complete unit with everything build in.
    I have a old Asetek VapoChill unit and it is more noisy then my pc most of the time.

Quick disconnect and keeping the rad in, already tell me that this does not sound like a daily driver setup.

5. ttnuagmada

ttnuagmada Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    yeah but using a TEC at all is already in "crazy" territory.