EK releases EK-XLC Predator 240

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    So apparantly there has been a small name change, the Ek released their EK-XLC Predator 240 which is the EK Predator 240 AIO Liquid Cooling we reviewed last week. More after the break....

EK releases EK-XLC Predator 240

2. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    For those interested in these coolers, particularly the 360 variant, they are available for pre-order now on EK's site.

Also, for those like me who wish to use the 360 and loop in a GPU, I emailed EK Support asking about the potential for the QDC Waterblocks that can be used with the Predator AIO systems, and they told me that they don't have details of availability or pricing yet at this time.

The 360 is releasing Oct19th apparently, and QDC blocks will be available at time of release.

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Will you be able to take it apart and expand upon it like the AIO that Swiftech has? If so I'm gonna buy this. The Swiftech one sucks, as I had two of them (one I bought and one was an RMA) and the pumps died in both after a very short time.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yes. The 360 has the Quick Disconnect (QDC) capability, however the 240 does not [out of box]

The easiest way to loop in graphics is to use a GPU block which is a QDC type waterblock.. however the loop itself is expandable, so you could still make it work with a regular waterblock if you got the extra fittings for it.

I just got myself a TI, so was going to cool cpu and gpu.. I am not sure how it will perform however with cpu + 2 gpu.

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I'll see about sending EK a message and asking how it would perform with 2 GPU's. I don't why it wouldn't as long as I got a couple of waterblocks with QDC compatible fittings.

6. S7design

S7design Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X
    this is a awesome thing would not mind using it my self