EK Launches Monoblock for MSI Z170A Gaming M7 motherboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Gaming M7?

Does this mean it won't work on Gaming M5?

I'm not in a hurry of course, I'm gonna update on 14nm process when it's gonna be the latest and most well refined version of said process, like I did on 22nm and got the 4690 and as it seems, this is going to be my first time on water cooling solution. I think it's time.

The problem is, the air coolers nowadays are extremely efficient and silent, so... still a few doubts occur about the extra paymet. I always target the mid-gaming parts, like i5 instead of i7 and 960 or 970 instead of 980 or 980ti, since I'm pretty sure, the leap to 4k is gonna take years in order to achieve the smooth 60FPS we finally are able to pull off on 1080p resolution. Moreover, by then I think my 1200 euro budget would be enough for such a machine.

P.S. Sorry for my English - I hope you got the meaning more or less of what I'm trying to say.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  3. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Your English is fine, much better than most English people :)

I had a custom waterloop for a long time, when you first put one together it feels amazing. They can look amazing even with very simple builds, and the performance is very good. It's true air cooling and aio coolers are very good now, but still not as good as a custom loop.

The biggest change I found was GPU temps, don't think they went above 50c even in the most demanding games when I had a 780. Loops are actually very easy to put together if you take your time and check everything:)

I don't have a custom loop now due my disability preventing me from maintaining it. I still have a quiet system, although I now use a Corsair H110i GT for my CPU, which has surpassed all my expectations. At first it didn't, but somehow I fitted the backplate the wrong way, so after that temps went from 75c to a max of 60c with a very slow rpm curve. Not bad considering the 3570k runs so hot when overclocked.

4. MBTP

MBTP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX590
    Oh my, this looks rather good!
    This Z170 series from MSI and Gigabyte have been, for me, the most sexy motherboards that i have seen, now with this water loop is looking crazy, if i had the money i would buy just for show hahaha!

5. S7design

S7design Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X
    I love mono blocks and the idea of them, When i get my CNC finished ill try my hand as some as well