1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EGS and the Future of Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 21, 2019.

?

Does EGS pose a risk to Steam?

1. Yes... It's about time Steam had competition.

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. No... Steam or die!

25 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Don't care... It's all fun and games.

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Don't care... I'll go with whoever's left standing.

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    "-noverifyfiles" on Steam does however seem to break apps being able to update and they get stuck doing their own little pre-patch (Often via delta.) checking because validation is turned off and it can't be done. :)

I did turn of the browser component though (-no-browser) but the number of installed apps is what's significantly adding the boot time of Steam here but eh it's been over a decade so of course there would be a sizeable backlog ha ha.
    As for server side security and exploits yeah that's been a issue, Steam's been working quite extensively over the last couple of weeks fixing up the exploit in it's client and the Steam service and if the server bits and way stuff is stored isn't properly secured then that means little for user end security measures.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements
    (I expect the security fixes to have been uplifted to the main client release channel too due to their importance.)

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Only twice a month?

Then you been missing out on games recently as they give away games every week.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    possible some months i have like 3 things listed other times 2, but something like 21 games since 4/20/2019

alan wake is among them that probably the only game that sticks out for me that good

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019