1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EGS and the Future of Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 21, 2019.

?

Does EGS pose a risk to Steam?

1. Yes... It's about time Steam had competition.

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. No... Steam or die!

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Don't care... It's all fun and games.

18 vote(s)
    29.5%
  4. Don't care... I'll go with whoever's left standing.

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I always thought that they mean by this that there is no further monetization, as in no extra skin DLCs or removed features and tiny portions of game that are then brought back as DLCs, basically no game as a service model. Which can also be seen in Whitcher 3, where the two extra addons they have added are really addons with each being larger than some games altogether. So I fail to see how this makes them greedy or how this is relevant to them being based in Poland and paying Polish wages to Polish staff. Quite on contrary, I'd say it is rather welcomed by most customers.

Kolt likes this.
  2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It just seems like epic is trying it's hardest to be annoying.

cerebus23 and Keitosha like this.
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    I have no idea how he will try to point that gamer frustration against Steam. Atm his strategy makes no sense or am i missing something?

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So steam is getting credit for giving discounts or free upgrades of remasters. what a joke. valve never give anything for free.
    steam has nothing to do with it , its all up to the publisher. they could have a key import in the epic launcher or on their website so that a discount could be given, but the publisher doesnt choose to do so. I dont believe epic has anything to do with it, since they do not own the company. they have nothing to gain with discounts on remasters.

The titles are removed everywhere because they went bankrupt!! not because of epic!

blocking steam users from free/discounted remasters. yeah right! This guy only posts videos to point out what he thinks is bad about epic launcher which just makes it propaganda since he already has no objective view about it. he\d love to hear what you think what is bad about epic store lmao

XenthorX, Embra and Archvile82 like this.
  6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Yong is all propganda wut??? im not his biggest fan but how does he have no objective view? he just hates on epic for the sake of it?

epic bring about and create its own controversey every step can you rly blame someone like Yong for pickin it up and running with it full on over and over??? its all self driven no such rthing as bad publicity when everyone is taking about your platform every single day of the week there is not a single day my fave gameing news sites dont have one epic store article or another cloggin up the page,

EGS free is 100 per cent lure bait to come over to the platform well no thx that they could give Half Life 3 away for free and i still would not budge

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    cerebus23 and Keitosha like this.
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    As soon as cloud saves are up and running, i will be using EGS. It's the only thing i dislike about it.

The only games i want on there are the Quantic Dream games though.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

lol, you're never getting cloud saves on egs.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So where do those games that got removed because the company was bankrupt exactly fit in ? He mentions them , like epic got them removed, and blocks users from a free upgrade to a remaster.

And he is not objective because he would love to hear all the bad things Epic store has got to them. that is not exactly objective is it ? Hence why is is also repeating the features steam has, and Epic store hasnt.

10. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    well no matter if u see him as bein objective or not everytime i see a new video in my feeds based around epic my first thought it is always what the hell have they done now *(to make an already bad situation even worse cos normally they do exactly that n doesnt look like endin any time soon!!!)* you may see it as food feeding time at the zoo fact remains they do this crap to themselves time time and time again they do it give ppl like Yong fresh new content that is goin to enrapture the fuckepic crowd. epic needs start makin POSITIVE THINK BEFORE THEY LEAP kinda steps to start changin how they are seen instead of bein intent on pissin every one off once a month with somethin new that revolves around anti consumerist shady practices and all the other of the crap they get up to and tim splurges on twitter tryin to make him seem innocent of all wrong doin, that he has our best interest at heart. they should go and watch field of dreams cos im sure tim thought if they build it gamers will come when gamers today are far more aware of the bs company actions than ever before n if they dont like what they see or hear they aint goin niowhere but steam but gog but anyplace else other than egs.

them havin so much money means nothin when they dont have the backin of your average consumer/gamer ie me who has sworn to never touch their store no matter what size carrot they use cos all they do mostly is give me evenn more of a concrete reason to stay away and that list is ever growin lol. change gamers perceptions in the right way and be a bit more humble with it n things can change however continue to pluck exclusives strong arm your platform in everyone faces cos you have $$$$$$$$$ fallin out your ass that has nothin goin for it and is woefully thin on features the majority of all other stores have then no, we aint gonna budge an inch. you can buy lots of things in this world but you cannot buy trust you fuckin earn that crap so start learnin start earnin epic before it gets to late ya hear.

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    well Yong make things up,and then hints to a certain direction which is untrue. So much for content.
    Needless to say Epic has done very shady things, but lying makes it just as bad as those shady things.

Its easy to jump on the hate train without any thought if things are true. People should think for themselves instead of blindly following Yong IMHO. that goes for anything.

Archvile82 likes this.
  12. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    u say he **makes stuff up** without givin any basis for it dont mean to rub u the wrong way or anythin i am only interested in somethin a bit more specific i can go off

like i said i was once a fan of his but unsubscribed when i realise how hollow some of but not all of his arguments can be plus his content is pretty much him highliting established websites and readin word for word THEIR CONTENT like i cant read it for myself. i wont deny there is some mob mentality when it come to anythin regardin egs but then you cant have smoke without some fire either.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    But i gave examples in my previous posts ?

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  14. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    so u did im an idiot :D

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Looks like they're slowly rolling out Cloud Saving.

For some Games you can enable it.

16. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I cringed less than a minute into the video...

"Steam users will have to wait 6 months to a year before they can get their hands on the game on their preferred storefront"

What is a Steam user?

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    pretty sure yong like most youtube games journalists read off different sites and the more careful ones probably multisource and check the og story sources.

he has run bad stores before or bad hot takes, but that is rare.

and no i have never known him to whole cloth invent stuff out of thin air for clicks, that is a sure fire way to kill your credibility like the corporate media has done. yong is not a moron.

but epic corporate shills are.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Me? People that use Steam?

Does the epic Launcher have a shopping cart yet?

19. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I use Steam too, but that doesn't mean that I have to wait 6 months to a year to buy games? If anything, I'm an Atari 2600 cartridge user, everything that came after it is evil.

fantaskarsef and sykozis like this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I am a N64 user then.

: D

metagamer likes this.