1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EGS and the Future of Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 21, 2019.

?

Does EGS pose a risk to Steam?

1. Yes... It's about time Steam had competition.

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No... Steam or die!

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. Don't care... It's all fun and games.

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Don't care... I'll go with whoever's left standing.

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Archvile82

Archvile82 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080ti FE
    What a load of bollocks. I bought 6 games on there and had no issues.

So much crap being spouted about its embarrassing and to be quite frank the issue with the games being pulled from the sale is more an issue with store / publisher than the buyer. Who ever took advantage of the mishap it's a win win. These things happen all the time in retail but because its Epic everyone has to make a big deal about it :rolleyes:

TheDeeGee likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Were the games you purchased on there any of the ones removed from pre-order?

3. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    LOL They can't even price games individually? If there's a sale...everything's on sale! Fire sale!

Beyond ridiculous.

Kolt likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    So, because you had no issues... everyone else is lying?

Even though there is one definite visual post form someone who encountered it. And I've seen a few others talking about running into similar issues when trying to buy multiple games.

Because Epic's store DOES NOT HAVE A F******* SHOPPING CART....
    I've seen home build web pages by single people have shopping carts. Yet, Epic can't get one in... OH... but it's on the "road map". In six months.

Ever think that maybe Epic kind of deserves some of the crap that gets slung their way?

Darkest, Backstabak, lucidus and 2 others like this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    fallacy of personal experience.

i did not have issues so anyone says different MUST ALL be lying.

not that others might have bought earlier in the day and might have had store issues. not that someones elses experience might be different to my own. or that i just happened to buy the titles that did not bug out my shopping.

nope all liars and fraud looking to besmearch the good name of epic.

LAWLS.

sure pal.

Darkest and Kolt like this.
  6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Yeah, one person complains and suddenly the store has a massive problem. It's basically the same as any other issue that people bring up regarding the EGS - individual testimonies are considered gospel and evidence of widespread, systemic issues. People seem to forget that individual testimonies and personal experiences are anecdotal evidence, and in no way indicate a widespread problem.

It follows a familiar pattern. An issue with Steam? A glitch. An issue with the EGS? Store is buggy as hell. Steam account gets hacked? User didn't protect themselves properly. EGS account gets hacked? Store has massive security holes. Someone contracts HIV after buying games from Steam? So what? Someone contracts HIV after buying games from the EGS? SWEENEY IS SPREADING HIV! :p

When it comes to the EGS, rationality and logic fly out the window.

Archvile82 likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It turns out Nick Chester, who is a PR person for epic confirmed that it actually happened, it is due to the epic Launcher having aggressive fraud rules, so seeing as epic does not have a shopping cart, an individual needs to buy multiple games separately... so.. yeah.. you can see where the issue lies.

Darkest, Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    EGS has its first major sale and its already failed the grade.

EGS is a flop, the game publishers are the greedy mofo's

Valve did nothing wrong.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    How dare people make a little more money, boooo!

:rolleyes:

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the irony is they aren't.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. Archvile82

Archvile82 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080ti FE
    Just to be clear, i'm not calling anyone liars, its just someone reports something and then many people jump on board and make it everyone affected. I also read the Epic PR guys quotes today, they probably have this in place due to Fortnight, lots of kids play it and could there is a potential of them using there parents credit cards - they just need to tweak it.

Regarding the argument for a cart, its ideal but lets face it the store doesn't have that many games to warrant one just yet. Nintendo Switch Eshop doesn't have a shopping cart and I don't hear anyone moan about it. They have 100s of game its store which does make it ridiculous.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    so people effected are more likely to be pissed off that they cant buy stuff, so they post, but somehow that is a conspiracy now? to make it seem like EVERYONE was effected? i do not recall anyone saying or implying that EVERYONE had problems.

seems more an issue with you. and your entire attitude.

Darkest likes this.
  13. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Both you and @Damien_Azreal made it seem like this was a major issue affecting many people ("everyone else is lying?"). You made it seem like those who didn't experience the glitch were a lucky minority ("just happened to buy the titles that did not bug out my shopping"), as if this was happening regularly to lots of people.

It's just like I said - any glitch or bug on the EGS is treated as a massive problem (if this happened on Steam then nobody would bat an eye).

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    how pray tell did i or he say anything of the kind? it was enough people that it made the news, i there was enough pissed off game publishers that had no clue their games were going on sale took their own games off epic.

the sales thing was tiny part of the story and did i say or he say oh hey EVERYONE IS FD HAHAHAHA.

no think you are imagining things because you are are in the minority. and well yea your losing that fight by epics own garbage. so they not really helping are they?

#notallcustomers just so you not accusing me of overstating any damn thing.

15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Enough people? One person made a twitter post about it and it then became gospel! It made the news because people upvoted it like crazy and made a lot of noise about it (redditors are still making memes about it). Aside from that one streamer, who else was affected?

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well then attack jeremy, yong, the gaming media that REPORTED IT.

wtf? why attack us for TALKING about it.

and certainly it was MORE than ONE person far as i know none that covered it talked about numbers. and none if us did either you ASSUMED.

and it was widespread enough epic had to officially respond to it and say yes it was a thing because shills were on forums like this saying it was overblown or not a thing at all. gee sound familiar?

Darkest likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It was more then one person.
    Otherwise, why bother commenting on it? That guy's picture just became the big "LOOK AT THIS" card for the issue.

But, maybe... Epic get so much crap for bugs and problems on their platform... because they are pathetic issues that would never exist if the store was actually complete?
    Everyone wanted to bash Origin, UPlay... even the Win10 store... but those stores at least are complete "stores".

And really, saying that everytime there's "an issue" a couple of us jump on because Epic bad, blah, blah.
    Why is it then... everytime there's an issue... some people jump on the defense and try to spin it so Epic is the Victim? "If this happened to Steam nobody would... ugh". Except, people are always jumping against Steam for stuff it does. Problems it has.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I was checking out another forum where they were discussing that EGS was softbanning people for buying more than 5 games since Epic had some anti-scam thing in place. Anyway, so it turned out that there is no basket in the store - you can only buy one item at a time (go figure). So a bunch of people obviously started to laugh about it saying that it was ridiculous, but then, like a moth to a flame, a guy started saying how not having a basked was a good thing because it makes people think twice when adding too many things to the basket instead of just emptying the basket.

*insert surprised meme here*

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Well we have our own clowns too lol.

cerebus23, Darkest and Kolt like this.
  20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Now it makes sense why they sell bundles/packs of lootboxes in games, it makes people not think :p

Darkest and Kolt like this.