Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Crosire, Oct 22, 2013.
As of Alpha 1.9.40, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning is now working properly. Thanks, Crosire!
Just tested. The colors do get messed up, but the gamma is still very low. I hope this helps.
To my knowledge, both nVidia and AMD drivers can force triple buffering in OpenGL only. D3D is not affected by that option in any way.
Update on the issues that I've reported previously after testing Alpha 1.9.40:
1) Sacred 2: Ice & Blood v188.8.131.52
- Remapped injector keys work fine now!
- When the TweakBar is enabled (i.e. "general_menu_enabled=true"), white screen instead of intro movies and then corrupted in-game HUD appears (white shape instead of animated compass). It doesn't matter whether the TweakBar/FPS Counter is visible or not. Setting "general_menu_enabled" to "false" solves the problem
2) Fallout 3 v1.7 (with the Large Address Awareness patch and various mods)
- Game still freezes during startup by default (the round progress cursor is spinning continuously). The freeze disappears without a trace after setting "hook_dynamic" to "false"
- Line of randomly blinking white pixels can be constantly seen on the left of the screen
- Game shadows appear as huge black rectangles. Turning the injector off and then on using the hotkey helps to solve the problem temporarily (shadows appear normally after this). But, as soon as you start rotating the camera, game shadows start flickering and/or disappearing randomly
- Similar to the above problem with Sacred. When the TweakBar is enabled (i.e. "general_menu_enabled=true"), game graphics are completely broken (lots of missing textures and geometry). Again, setting "general_menu_enabled" to "false" helps to solve the problem.
you rock! Downloading now :banana:
Version 1.9.45 added support to not only define the directory where screenshots should be saved in, but also the filename. You can use predefined format specifiers like "%date%" or "%version%" to add some unique data to the filename. This update also adds support for the following new screenshot file formats: PNG, TGA and DDS. Just change the extension of the filename you set in the configuration accordingly.
The menu is an external library I'm using, which has a bunch of bugs appearently. I will remove it again when I wrote an alternative. Could you post the log with dynamic hooking enabled and disabled to have a comparison? The shadow thing looks like eFX is overwriting a state somewhere which it shouldn't. Need to check that.
Another bug where some state isn't properly reset I think.
FFXIV working perfectly with 1.9.40. I really like the settings menu that lets you change hotkeys
I will probably test Batman AO tonight.
Edit: i just noticed 1.9.45.. i cant keep up with the updates! Lol, i'll try these when i get home..
Crosire, I noticed that the latest versions don't come bundled with SweetFX. What is the recommended installation procedure? For example, the latest bundled version had D3D9 and DXGI.dll, along with the eFX DLLs in the SweetFX folder. When upgrading, should we simply replace D3D9 with the appropriate eFX DLL? And should we also replace the two eFX DLLs in the SweetFX folder?
That's not required, they are just there in case you have a 64 bit game for example, where you would need the eFX64.dll instead.
A bundled version will come soon again, when CeeJay finished with porting SMAA to the Dx11 part.
Ceejay has only just recently succeeded in porting SMAA to dx9. You should wait for a new bundle. Until then, you can use hook_external_wrapper and rename Sweetfx's d3d9.dll to something else like sweetfx.dll (basically, the same procedure as getting SweetFX in ENB).
Sure, you can download them here:
Where can i download this? I heard it works in Windows 8.1 and BF4, i want to use SMAA only.
edit: Oh nvm found the download link! c1:
Probably found a fix for that one.
@Crosire and others
Has microsoft ever fixed KB2670838 or is it still breaking DX10/11 games?
So, why does the eFX logo still pop-up even AFTER I've deleted all the files from the folder?
It's usually good practise to delete the right files....
LOL, yeah, I cloned my drive and was deleting from the "non-active" drive. DOH:bang:
Downloaded the latest version of eFX+SweetFX CeeJay provided, if i turn on the SMAA other effects won't show, AA only.
That's not my fault, but an error in CeeJays shader. You should report that in the eFX thread.