EEC website is listing Radeon RX 5800 XT, RX 5950, and RX 5950 XT

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 14, 2020.

1. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    people talking of cards destroying a 2080 are missing some point.
    I m an average consumer, i bought 2 years ago a 1080ti, still new. I won't spend 800eur ( current price i could find on amazon ) for a 2080super.

5700XT for around 450 is not a worth upgrade from a semi new 1080ti.

So those cards bring for me new options.
    What can i buy today for around 500$ or 600$? what can i buy with 600$ of nvidia/amd product when those are out?

That is the difference.
    I do not care if the new round of 1000+ eur cards are extremely strong nvdia or amd, because i won't buy them.

2. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    ^^ I understand your point other than thinking the average user is spending $500-600 for a gpu.

3. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Not the average, but the 300$ dollar marke is well defined so is the around 400$ as today, we have new cards from both ends.

4. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Member Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    I agree, it will cost 700$ because it will be as fast as 2080. They will might charge a bit extra if they beat 2080 in raytracing with considerable margin...

5. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek R9 290X
    I had crossfire 5870's in my 10yr old rig... Playing Battlefield 3 was almost too easy (but it did have a mild stutter). RX 5700XT FTW!

6. HybOj

HybOj Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 DCmini
    I have waited for AMD with my CPU (From FX8300 to R5 3600 - what a JUMP) and I will wait for them with my GFX card as well.
    I was scoping the rx 5700 XT but my 2nd hand GTX970 still holds, I was able to play all games I wanted to play in 60 fps and high settings - enough for me.

So I will indeed wait for the new guns from both parties, but I want to have a AMD rig and I want to support the underdog and a company I like. Its almost certain they will offer better bang for a buck, as usually.

Maybe finally the twisted GFX cards market will offer something for me.

7. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    hehe i think the 970 well worth to be on the legendary cards for value/longevity i will place in that list the 8800gt / 7970&50 /290 / 480/970 those cards refused to be beaten by time ...and some still do !

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I still have my 9800 GTX from @cowie sitting here for decoration :D

Venix likes this.
  9. RogeRR

RogeRR Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700X Evoke OC
    Oh my... It really sounded logical, and promising - but looks like fake news / clickbait / whatever. So AMD fanboys and girls (me included :D)
    can calm down...
    AFOX denied they have to do with the filing of this (import) certificate at EEC, but it was their russian import partner. They probably
    just wanted to spare some cash on (future) paperwork, and included non-existing (future) products that might never be produced.

Source (he knows them personally, and asked for a statement) - is in german, but the statement itself is english:
    https://www.igorslab.de/falsche-new...-xt-und-5950-xt-im-umlauf-nachfrage-bei-afox/

But hope is still there that big navi comes soon... so don't shoot me for the bad news. :rolleyes:

10. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Better late than never AMD , I hope this is really happening , we need competition for healthy market .
    I have never owned AMD gpu ...... never say never .