Editing RTV1?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by get.Down, Aug 20, 2011.

1. get.Down

get.Down New Member

GPU:
    HD 5850
    I have Adobe Premiere but I do not have any experience with video editing. I'm a graphic designer and my company uses the full CS suite so I have access to Premiere, but not Sony Vegas. I'm probably just being a noob so feel free to tell me to RTFM, I just wanted to play around.

When I try to import a capture file AP doesn't recognize the file and punts. Is it not supported and I should use MJPG? Or can I convert it with something like handbrake?

I guess I could grab the SV trial but I'm so failure with the other Adobe UI's I figured I might have a chance at learning some basic video editing with Premier.

Thanks for the help,

2. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I use MJPG and Avidemux to cut/convert the video.

3. get.Down

get.Down New Member

GPU:
    HD 5850
    I'm guessing it's up to the software to support the format for editing/conversion?

I'll just use MJPG for now unless I hear different.

Thanks.

4. USteppin

USteppin Banned

GPU:
    GTX 285
    What settings do you use in AVIdemux to make the MJPG video file show as video and not just audio in Adobe Premiere?

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

[sarcasm mode on]
    I've heard from some user that Playclaw, Fraps and Afterburner - all are bugged...
    [sarcasm mode off]

6. USteppin

USteppin Banned

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Huh?

Fraps does nothing when I hit the record button

PlayClaw crashes every game I load when it's running

MSI Afterburner records properly but the files aren't editable in Adobe Premiere.

Hence, them all being worthless.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  7. Unwinder

Yup, all tools are worthless and the problem is definitively not located between the chair and keyboard.

8. USteppin

USteppin Banned

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Um.. ok? Am I doing something wrong that makes MJPG files not editable and just showing up as an audio track in Premiere then or are you just going to be a cocky *******?

9. Unwinder

I'm just showing you some common pattern in hope to wake up your mind. No need to blame others and each tool because of your own limited knowledge. You're having issues with video editing tools, not with Afterburner, genius.

10. USteppin

USteppin Banned

GPU:
    GTX 285
    No, I am not. The file type that Afterburner is putting the videos in does not work correctly in Premiere, I'm doing 3 mouse clicks to find that out.

But nevermind, you're a dumb ****ing black ****** that is being less than helpful. I'll be sure to stop using this terribly programmed application and stop supporting MSI. You're a great representative of their company you ****ing monkey. Go **** yourself.

11. Unwinder

If I were not able to see that you're almost 30 years old, I'd say that I am talking to a teenager. Bye, this place and this tool is not for agressive lamers.

12. collinvue

collinvue Member

GPU:
    ~ 169 GB/sec. currently
    Holy Snowball fight,...RELAX!

It's Christmas:)

13. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
  14. Pluberus

Pluberus Member

GPU:
    HD6870
    I had this issue for a while, but getting the latest codec pack resolved it:
    http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

If you have a 64 bit system, download and install both the 32 bit and 64 bit codec packs.