ECS P55H-A motherboard review [guru3d.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

In a somewhat lower price segment you however can always find ECS originally being an OEM supplier that slowly penetrated the retail market they make really nice gear these days but always with a lower...

More...

2. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    Man, that is one weird heatsink.

3. delhan

delhan Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX 3D HD 7870
    EIST and Turbo issues with this board ?

i have just setup a new rig on that ECS P55H-A board with an i7 860 on it, running XP32. EIST and Turbo and C1E are enabled in bios and power scheme in XP is "minimal power management" but the CPUZ reports constant clock of 2.8 Ghz and constant default i7 860 voltage and constant 21 mutiplier, all on idle state. I test run orthos full load on a single core and the clock didn't (Turbo) increase either.

Any ideas?
    Thank you

http://www.pctechnology.gr/vbull/vb/...2&d=1263168308

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. delhan

delhan Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX 3D HD 7870
    ECS sent me a new bios and now EIST & Turbo seems to be working. Idle clock is 1200Mhz at 9x multipler. I tried various CPU loads, full threaded and single threaded and clocks increase always to 2900 (22x) no matter how many cores are loaded, one or more. (i thought it should increase more when one core alone is busy?)

Anyone maybe have to suggest some O/C guide specifically for lynnfield (i7 860) and/or this board maybe? (or P55 in general)