eBay seller rant!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by maleficarus™, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i have no problems with ebay, but i only sell to spain.

Most probably is that the package was stopped by aduanas (mail borders) and he'll have to pay sumthing and big delay...

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I hear ya. I know I'm out already but thought I have to at least give it a try. Having read your post above what protection do us sellers have then? My reasoning is the onus should be on the buyer for risk, not seller. The buyer choose to buy something through the mail so that risk should be left with them. Once it leaves the sellers hands our obligation is finished. The way you decribe the risk is on the seller, with no risk to the buyer. How does eBay exspect there to be a steady flow of sellers if there is no protection in place for us? Heck even the feedback system is all for the buyer!

As for the tracking information; in Canada tracking information dosen't come free. It is an added cost, and this cost cometimes doubles the price of shipping. The buyer has to pay for this and so if the buyer dosen't pay for it, then they don't get it as default! In this case the guy is from Spain and the motherboard I shipped cost $21.07 CAD and would have been an addidtional $20.00 CAD for a tracking number. That is the value of the motherboard as he won it for $45.00 USD...

Would make no sense to buy it if the shipping price exceeded the value of the parcel lol..

3. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Well, sorry mate and your fellow countrymen. But I refuse to ship to Spain again or anywhere in Europe for that matter..

I'm gonna be out my P5Q motherboard+ eBay fee's +PayPal fee's +shipping fee's. All because I was a nice Canuck and decided to ship worldwide!!

4. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    No as that was an additional $20.00 CAD. Buyer didn't pay for that service. Sig comes with tracking shipping in Canada as that is part of the service.

5. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    men, if this were me i would use it as excuse to travel aboard! mafecarus, it would be good for u to have a holiday in spain it is a lot sunnier there than in canada plus you would get your stuff back and also get to meat the guy it may be a simple understanding or he might want to meat you. i hope you sort it out and wish you well in your jorney

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    OK update time on my original post. Well as expected PayPal sided with the buyer. I not only lost my P5Q motherboard but lost the money that was in my PayPal account. To add insult to injury the buyer who ripped me off left me a negative feedback even though I left him a positive. I did however leave a follow-up to my original feedback and with big cap letters warned potential sellers that "this seller did a reverse chargeback on his credit card" and to avoid this buyer.

After this I will no longer ship outside of Canada and the USA. I cannot understand how eBay and PayPal expects sellers to keep selling when there is literally no protection for us in place other then spending extra money on postal tracking. The risk should always be on the buyer, not the seller. Because of this I almost closed my seller account.

What makes me pissed off the most was I proved that the motherboard was shipped with a copy of the shipping receipt, debit transaction showing that I paid the shipping and even the customs form that was stamped by Canada post! What other proof can you have honestly?

This buyer in question lives in Spain. Spain can kiss my @ss as far as I am concerned!!

7. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's

It says right on Paypal and eBays site that they won't protect the seller unless you have tracking and delivery confirmation. Quite frankly, regardless of the cost it was your own fault.

For cheap items I'm almost always charged more for shipping than the item is actually worth but that's the cost of doing business.

8. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Makes no sense to ship a motherboard to a buyer in Spain for $50 USD. With tracking this is what it would have cost. That isn't the cost of doing buisness, that is no buisness period!

EBay has to protect its sellers. Without us there is no eBay now is there?

9. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    For every person leaving Ebay there are others joining. The fees are exorbitant, your effectively paying the same company twice and it's full of scammers and thieving bastards like Kyle Shellabear.

10. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Yep with ebay its buyer and seller beware.

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I only buy from companies now. Those 'acting in the course of a business' are easier to hold to account.

12. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Actually, I always charge whatever the shipping charge is at Canada post plus about $2 or 3 dollars extra for my time. In this case it was $21.07 for surface -ground. I charged him $24.00 USD. With tracking this would have increased to I think it was $55.00 USD. He only paid $45.00 for the motherboard!.....

I was trying to be honest and fair to this guy. He obviously can't find Asus parts in Spain all that easy or he would not have been on eBay in the first place right? Well, this is what I get for being a nice Canadian!

If nothing else, eBay could at least delete his negative feedback. Before this, I was 100% positive with 5 star seller ratings. Now this idiot drops me to 94% and my 5 star drops down to 4.5...

13. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    I don't understand, did you not charge him for shipping?

If he is in a foreign country then he should expect large shipping bills, especially across an ocean. There shouldn't even be an option, you charge him for the cost to ship the item, in this case $50. If he doesn't want it then that's his problem.

Covering your own ass is priceless. You didn't follow the rules and you got burned, what did you expect? Until the buyer takes ownership of the item it is your responsibility. Can you prove that he received it?

What does the cost of the item have ANYTHING to do with the shipping cost? I just bought a 1 ton chunk of iron for $40, it better not cost more than that to ship it from Russia. :scream:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  14. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I can't prove that he received it nor can I prove that he didn't receive it. My point about shipping is there is simply there is no point in buying anything if the shipping charges double the cost of the item in question. The whole reason to use auction sites such as eBay is to get an item for cheap. I fulfilled my obligation as a seller by shipping the item in 1 day as listed in my auction. No where in my auction did I list 100% guaranteed to arrive at your door without tracking information. The seller can not be 100% responsible after it leaves the sellers hands. What eBay should do is make it mandatory for tracking information. This way buyers will know right off the bat there is going to be way over the top shipping charges. The system in place now doesn’t work period!!

Now does it make any sense to buy a $45 used motherboard off eBay and then have to pay $50 on top of that to ship it to you?

What this clown did was bid on my item. He then paid me through PayPal with his credit card. Then after a few weeks did a reverse chargeback on his credit card. That is theft no other way to get around it, and eBay dosen't do a thing about this!!

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I have my eBay / Paypal set up for instant payment before the sale is completed. Then I either spend the Paypal account money, or move it to my empty savings account I have attached to Paypal, only when the money is spent, or safely moved from my savings account to my current account do I ship anything.

Paypal can try until they are blue in the face to reverse payment and get nothing.

Almost got bitten by a scammer with my first sale on eBay so put all the appropriate measures in place to stop that happening again.

If I can not touch the money, the post office does not touch my item. Tough **it if the buyer has to wait a few extra days, I know I am not going to rip them off, but I do not know what their intentions are.

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    PayPal will give give a negative ballence in your account anyways so it dosen't matter how fast you take out the funds. Sure, you got the cash but the next time you use PayPal you have to pay it anyways...

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I know, but if that happened I would stop using them.

Having a negative balance is better than losing your money, plus I wouldn't be so bothered how long it took to prove I was in the right if I already had the money.

But I would be really pi$$ed if the same that happened to you happened to me.

When companies do not play nice, you have to look after yourself any way you can imo.

I know how easy it is for eBay to dismiss you, or paypal to side with the guilty party, so I don't give them the chance anymore.

18. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I never ship outside the Cont USA..... if you are in Hawaii or Alaska you are SOL!!

19. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    So basically you won't ship for places in your own country? LOL Last time I looked at the map Alaska and Hawaii are in the USA...

20. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I agree with you. And I am pissed. First time getting burned on eBay as a seller. I have been using eBay off and on since 2001. First time for everything I guess...