eBay seller rant!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by maleficarus™, Jun 29, 2011.

1. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Another eBay rant!

Well it is me that is having an eBay issue with a buyer. I have always shipped worldwide and have had few issues over the years. But I got one now that has forced me to make a seller claim. I sold my P5Q Asus motherboard to a buyer who lives in Spain. I shipped it surface-ground for $21.07 CAD. This was the cheapest rate from Canada post. I charged him $22.00 CAD. This rate does not give tracking information as that would have cost the buyer an additional $20.00CAD. He paid via PayPal.

A month goes by and the buyer opens up a dispute with PayPal forcing a chargeback on his credit card. This in turn forces PayPal to deduct the amount from my PayPal balance. I informed the seller that I shipped his item and to allow extra time to get to Spain and to clear customs. I also informed him that Canada post is in a full postal-strike at this time and to allow more time for this just in case. He refuses and still forces the chargeback.

I then got PayPal involved and asked them to help me in this matter. I proved that I mailed the motherboard by uploading the receipt of transaction with customs form showing the date and time the item was mailed. I asked PayPal to reverse the chargeback on the ground that it is beyond a sellers control after I mail it out and that there is no way me as a seller would know if the buyer actually got the item anyways and did the chargeback to get a free item.

I will be pissed off if I lose out on this dispute. At any rate this will be the last time I ship anything outside of North America! Anyone living in Spain should read this rant as it shows just how much sellers lose out by shipping to you guys...

Taking advantage of us Canadians is not cool!!

*Edited to fix typo's*

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Thats why i try not to do int. sales.
    good luck with the claim

3. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I only sell to the Cont USA... I don't even ship to Canada due to a problem with someone up that way screwing me over. I also add insurance to each shipment which is included in the shipping fee. Here lately I've been selling at very low prices and bumping up the shipping costs to alter what I'm getting. Ebay doesn't like this cause they lose selling fee's but that's there problem. They won't do anything so long as it's still pretty close and you're not asking $400 in shipping for a $5 item that's really worth $400 :D

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    btw. 'buy it now' fees have all gone up to 10%, as if eBay weren't raking it in already

5. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    What frustrates me the most is I actually paid for the privilage to get ripped off by paying eBay fee's and Paypal fee's! I also left him a possitive feedback because he paid right away, and with the new feedback system in place sellers can only leave possitive regardless of the outcome!

How is that fair in this case? He paid, I shipped, then he reversed his CC payment.

Piss me off!!

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    10%!

Weren't they around 5% a while back?

7. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Thing is if I only allow to ship to Canada only I have limited my population base to 35 million vs. the 250 million to USA and even more millions worldwide.

But this is a lesson learned I guess. I think from now on I will only ship to USA and Canada and leave all others SOL...

8. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Why I stick to mainland UK sales only, don't even ship to N Ireland.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Massive gamble not sending it tracked (although tracking rarely works internationally). All they have to do is say it never came and they get the item and their money back, not saying this is what happened, but it's a common and easy scam.

10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    You're ****ed.

Almost certainly, the credit card he used is overdrawn or the account is closed, or if his paypal was linked to a bank account, the account is closed.

Paypal isn't going to be able to get anything out of him and they aren't going to give anything to you. Seen it a dozen times. I run an ebay store, Powerseller, top-rated, all that jazz. You're screwed.

I'd be so so so surprised if you get anything apraoching a satisfactory outcome out of this.

11. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    I've had something similar happen to me before. You will lose the PayPal dispute if your package does not have tracking info.

12. Pilgrim1942

Pilgrim1942 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    That's why I gave up dealing on eBay years ago!
    Too many hooks, crooks and vagabonds on eBay wishing to have their cake and eat it!

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    just swap the sale price with the shipping price and vice versa. that one way to nip those fees in the nuts.

14. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    AFAIK shipping fees are actually higher than final value fees (by percentage). This seems to be the case with all 40 items I've sent out over the last month.

Ebay knows of the loophole everyone was thinking of and preempts it.

15. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Well, isn't it your fault since you posted it as a non-traceable package?

16. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Good luck mate... I've been screwed by EBAY & PayPal badly enough that I hate to sell anything of real value on their anymore. The worst thing is when you have a scam artist screw you over and leave negative feedback as well... once EBAY stopped letting the seller leave negative feedback as well it all went to hell. I still sell things once in awhile, but no more international or even Canada (sorry guys... customs is a PITA) anymore. Best thing is sell on Craigslist. That way I can have them come to my door and give me cash, give them the item and never see them again. Win/Win

17. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    This the same reason why I dont ship outside of the usa. I only did it once but the person got there.

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I stopped using ebay and paypal loooooooong time ago , too many scammers , thiefs, hackers + all the premium over the top outrageous charges paypal and ebay makes , they make a fortune by making all those charges Paypal + ebay sucks big time.

19. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock

You'll lose your claim, just like I did mine. It's why I refuse to use eBay/Paypal anymore. I, as the seller, had all the proof in the world. Him, the buyer, didn't even respond and yet they still ruled in his favor. If that's not a big "**** you" to the sellers then IDK what is.

20. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    I would at least hope you sent it to be signed for on delivery or you're completely screwed