1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA Origin scans your hard drive/OS/Applications

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Stukov, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Please don't even say that, sure what EA is doing is wrong BUT they would likely post out all are info like they did to sony.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Where is the proof that EA is actually doing this, or are people just being gullible and believing everything they are being told, as i have yet to find any spyware on my PC.

I for one, am avoiding, or boycotting as the drama queen's call it all digital download services anyway, paying more for less was never my idea of money well spent, also some friends have noticed that Origin, and even moreso Steam can be easily exploited, so 3 of them are sharing one Origin account, and 5 are on the one Steam one.

Not for me personally, but when the price of a game is split 5 ways, who needs piracy.

3. dontpanic

dontpanic New Member

GPU:
    sapphire 5870 E6, HSI 587
    Assuming that -

- I want to play SWTOR
    - I dont trust Origin, but am not willing to boycott
    - regardless of the EULA, Origin may still scan my PC
    - I want to protect my personal information

I was considering setting up a dual boot for win7, with 1 partition for games only and no personal information on it. Would this be a safe measure?

4. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    If EA follows with this kind of behavior with thier future games and you would likely to buy some of them ill say that you should really re-think the idea of doing a dual-boot. I for one will not install a game that does this type of stuff to my PC

5. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    how about sandboxing origin proces through comodo firewall ? :D