1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA Launches Origin Access at $4.99 Monthly

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 14, 2016.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If you have nothing constructive to add to this thread, please stay out of it.

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    quadro K6000+Tesla M2090
    ??? i am no more gold and i still can play any gold game gift that i have... it's the same as in xb360

3. RealityExit

RealityExit New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I can only see this being worth it if you want to subscribe for just a month or two to play through their vault catalog and then be done with it.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    This^

5. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    Dunno about this..the first step for putting on a monthly fee for even using origin at all in the future ?

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Everyone knew the day M$ introduced monthly payments for playing anything online it would eventually infect its way to PCs in a similar form.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Steam isn't any better.... All 3 do some sort of data mining. It's just a matter of which you prefer to have collecting data on you.

8. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    to be fair, steam is arguably a bit better. its a very robust platform designed to trick you into forgetting its DRM :D at least theyre transparent about hardware surveys & statistics they collect, haha. im not saying i like it much, but origin & uplay especially are a pale shade in comparison...

honestly this was in the back of my mind as well

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I didn't talk about the spying, as it is present everywhere, of course there's not a client (besides probably galaxy, don't know) that doesn't do it.
    Yet steam to me has by far the most appealing program, the best web store, the best management of your installations, the market, best sales promotions, in home streaming. I like how you have more options to set. None of the other clients for me reaches the level steam has simply by way longer experience.

10. masterboy

masterboy Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
    Not worth it... idont think people play anything else than FIFA from this... BF series dead...or mostly people already have it. Why pay for something if you willing to play 1game only...

11. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    After a cursory glance at the initial titles, this smells like "How can we milk more out of these old games that no longer sell?"

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i prefer steam seeing i hate EA with passion, Only thing on that list i care for is DA series and well i honestly i still pissed about EA pull DA:2 from steam and making DA:I EA client only.

Am i really only person that thinks they would sell more of there games if they did it threw steam, which much more excepted in this day in age.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Origin is a better piece of software than Steam, Steam has evolved (bloated) into something more than i need from DD software.
    I do like having everything in one place, but i also realise that is a silly ocd like thing.

This would be a great idea if the selection was abit bigger and was getting updated all the time, as previously mentioned it's hard to see why anyone would keep this on after a few months.
    It could be a much better service in a few years.

If it was the Steam catalogue it would be really good, but the monthly price would likely be alot more than $5 a month and alot of games/publishers would opt out of the service.

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Agreed, hence why I use Outcome:

http://outcome.nofate.me/

15. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Master Guru

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    Steam is way better man they release new tech they are developing on Linux not much to say about ea other then they ripped some awesome game developers off for there titles since the 90s. They sell **** games on android and try to use the cash shop garbage. Moreover, I'll sign up for origins when they put UO on the list and drop the price to $2. See you scrubs in ffelucca;I'll be on a llama foo trying to gank and steal your powerscrolls.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

16. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    EA's catalog must be valuable, you know, since they put it in a vault... :puke2:

I've already played all the EA games I want. BFs, Mass Effects, Dead Spaces, Sim City circa 1998, Desert Strike on the SNES, and that's pretty much all I care about EA games.