1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA is working on the remaster of Command & Conquer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 12, 2018.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    No need to be mean like that... You almost sound like a top executive from EA...

schmidtbag likes this.
  2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    They should remaster CNC Generals, after they killed generals 2.

yasamoka and Fox2232 like this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The only question to be answered is will it feature Microtransactions, or will it be a remaster of Command & Conquer.

They can only pick one, not both.

4. K.S.

K.S. Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    :oops: ... well shiat... grumble bumble fart fart toot toot bumble bumble mumble... yep think I got everything right - anyone else?

Oh a C&C remake... nice, well I for one am happy & hey if it tests & reviews well then alright. I'll buy it / play multiplayer. Always was a fan of the original series.

Yikes ..... fart fart .... grumble mumble EA fart fart poppycock bumble bumble....

Aura89 likes this.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    Excited to see a C&C return but with EA running the show, my expectations are rock bottom. I await them proving us wrong but I seriously doubt it. This will be C&C by name only.

6. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    All the big publishers are like that more or less. EA ruins franchises, Microsoft kills them, Activision and Ubi run them ad nauseum, etc. Some developers spin off to their own companies and the cycle starts again.

7. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Oh no! E.A.

Killed Battlefield trying to turn it into COD. Battlefield should feel like a total open game where you choose what to do. But BF1 BFV don't feel like that.

Passing on BFV.

They just ruin games.

Starwars battlefront was another game ruined.

8. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    [​IMG]

EA is an automatic do not buy for me. Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk, Rage 2, Borderlands 3, Metro Exodus, Dying Light 2, and so on are more than enough to keep me occupied for quite some time. I don't need EA in my life.

carnivore likes this.
  9. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek R9 290X
    This is the order of "strategy" games that I played...

Dune 2
    War Craft
    Command & Conquer

And they were all great at their respective times, but I don't think I need a C&C remaster.

10. icedman

icedman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    this is actually the game that first started me into PC gaming and later into PC hardware I hope they don`t botch it like they did the rest of the series. and those images just do not make me think of the original C&C.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So, what you're saying is, EA buys some of your favorite studios, and because often their games underperform for how much money EA invests into them, your goal is to make that faster, and to ensure your favorite studios for certain fail and get shut down.

Seems...logical.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I think what he means is he is sick of supporting a company that has repeatedly killed the things he loves.

carnivore likes this.
  13. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Master Guru

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    do not quote Aura89, he is the Lord of twisting reality and facts. Like just above. pass and move on

0blivious and lucidus like this.
  14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    The only thing C&C needs is a Build Queue and you're golden.

Also the fact that they announced it on OpenRA first says enough. OpenRA completly raped Red Alert, it has nothing to do with the original game anymore.

The versions of CnCNet also allow for Shaders, like BRZ. Makes the game look pretty smooth.

15. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Regarding those lost companies:
    Bulldog did release a whole lot of games not listed in this chart, for example the "theme" series like theme park oder theme hospital (remake: two point hospital) and much more. If you know Maxis for only their SimCity products you definitely missed a few interesting ones live SimAnt, SimCopter and more.

Too bad you don't hear anything from LucasArts anymore. I would like to see another MonkeyIsland, Loom or something like Ethernam or PoliceQuest (both not LucasArts but still great games).

Old times (TM) .....:rolleyes:

tensai28 likes this.

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    Even if EA had a game I wanted to play, I simply wouldn't buy it, knowing that I would only feed their greedy shareholders and hurt my fellow gamers in the long run.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Don't forget them ruining the Battlefield series, by enforcing draconian rules onto DICE.

As far as I know, it kinda went like this.

DICE "We want to build a new game engine"
    EA "Here's some money"
    DICE "Thanks...but what do you want in return?"
    EA "Mhahaha, opps, I meant 'we will talk later'...ok?"
    DICE "Um, ok"
    EA "And re-read the deal, opps, I meant 'contract we signed in good faith'..."
    DICE "Oh..."

-Less than a year later and BF3 is netcode locked to offer identical performance on PS3/Xbox360, so sales are homogeneous. Frostbite is proprietary, so EA can charge their studios to use it, forcing DICE to offer 'your eternal soul' support 24/7.
    -Prior to the development of BF4, the level designers (of BF3) are sacked and replaced by environment artists (for pretty levels / trailer spam) and the game designers are forced to make BF4 more 'DLC' friendly, with more kits than the devil can shake a pitchfork at.
    -BF1...
    -BF5...
    -No Bad Company sequel
    -Battlefield Heroes (did we all just forget about this game; and commit it to long term memory dump?)

The 'frostbite deal' was just dreadful for DICE and I really think they were forced into it, perhaps even were convinced by their own greed/ego to sign it...I really have no clue...but it screwed them up, there is no denying it.

I've often said the level design and game mechanics of BF3 were as close to 'perfect' as you can get for a battlefield game, but damn, the netcode and the reasons for it's existence just made the game unplayable sometimes...

18. anthos

anthos Active Member

GPU:
    -
    LucasArts only exists on paper any more.

19. K.S.

K.S. Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    OK now the ONE time I will definitely HANDS DOWN agree with anyone in this EA FLAMING thread is LucasArts - what happened there was DISGUSTING - now this was not an EA buyout it was a Walt Disney Corp. buyout and what disgusted me the most was out SW 1313 was commented on as "To be slated for release" - "We have no plans to touch it etc" basically one of the best VG studios with a very iconic trackrecord in the industry was cut off from the legs liquidated .... I have to stop ... I just can't I will get so f***** .... I will get neurotic if I continue talking about the way W.D. butchered an already EXISTING STUDIO WITH A GREAT HISTORY ONLY TO LOAN THEIR LICENSE TO A SUBPAR PUBLISHER..... that is not EA's fault. However the proof is in the pudding with EA's treatment of BF 1 & 2 - WDC can suck my .... ok ok ... I just gotta ... smh against disney lately can anyone say James Gunn ... GOG 3 ... what were you thinking George Lucas.. .selling to WD... moron.

20. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    They obviously seen Blizzard have some success with StarCraft Remaster and thought hey we can do that too, some of our own popular previous games might sell well if we remastered them.