EA Infects Battlefield Hardline with new ghastly DRM

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2015.

1. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT Black Ed
    crap company
    crap games
    crap philosophies
    crap wages
    crap everything really

why dont they go and cancel a 4th C&C game? :puke2:

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Keep on believing that. There are more "new to gaming" individuals that spend their money on these games. So in reality your boycott will never be noticed except by just you alone. This message needs to get to the new and up and comers to be effective. Your comment does not help.

Not buying anything from them since 2006 means you are not in their target market to begin with. So your individual stance is meaning less. Since it has personally helped you then good for you. Because that is all you have affected: yourself.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It helps you feel better, but it doesn't help change anything, your essentially a vegan.

I buy what I like, and don't buy what I don't like, end of story and don't know why anyone thinks I should change that way of thinking.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

Like... we all know EA is super horrible and stuff.

Why are some of you still giving them money? ... its not like you wont have anything to play if you dont have battlefield... not to mention its not even that good of a game.

You get what you deserve, y`all. Should vote with your wallet better next time.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Vote better with your wallet? Please. Who does this kind of DRM really affect? Enthusiasts, that's who. DRM does not affect pirating. Has the statement; the more technology advances the easier it becomes to circumvent, been forgotten?

How often are mainstream rigs updated? The mainstream are their biggest supporters. So it does not affect them at all. They will not even realize this kind of DRM exists let alone care that it even does. That is what EA is banking on. That is why if the mainstream cannot get riled up or even the new to gaming crowd these rants amount to nothing more than just letting out steam.

6. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Exactly, only vote with your wallet if it actually affects you.

Why would anyone vote with their wallet if it didn't affect them?

Why are Personal Computer forums these days so similar to Political Correct forums where everyone has to be shocked and appalled at the smallest thing?

7. maxio

maxio Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti
    The more I see bull**** coming like that from this company to loyal users, the more I condome piracy.
    Screw you morons at EA. :finger2:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  8. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    class action suits are always the best way to bury a company. :) Im amazed there are so few against ubisoft/EA for all the crap they pull...seriously.

9. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Thanks for heads up Hilbert... Now I'm glad that only few games I own are on Origin, same as my kids, more than 90% of our games are from Steam.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    The game is fun, very fun.

But this is just ridiculous. This is the same stuff Ubisoft are pulling as well. Many times I have heard Linus from LTT mention this on the WAN show that when testing a game out they will hit an activation limit and have to call for more activation's.

He did however, mention EA once I think and said their customer support was excellent and that they were testing a game I can't remember which game it was. But EA basically understood their needs and changed their game activation's to like 50 for that specific game so they would never run out.

Still its a crappy move for the real end consumer and not a famous youtuber.

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    A real end consumer would never run into such a limit though.

It would take me a substantial amount of effort to actually replicate this, and tbh i'm not even sure i have enough spare hardware to do it at all.

12. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Honestly, I never understood why mere GAMES have DRM thats much tighter and more invasive than Windows and other "professional" software.

I mean seriously.. its just a GAME, entertainment, fun, something to pass the time with!

13. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8G
    How EA just laid off Danger Close Games behind Medal of Honor, or DreamWorks Interactive back in the days that made their boots in the business, as well as the Command & Conquer series - This just gave me an "avoid EA" sort of thing. Grrr.

Also lets not talk about Maxis, behind The Sims that got closed a month back.

Too bad DICE is even with these morons.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its sux, but how many people change their gpus out that often, other than reviewers or those who clean their system completely everyday?

I've changed my gpus twice since i've had this system (4-5 years now).

As for Danger Close, they are free of their shackles now. Maybe they can get back to making proper MOH singleplayer campaigns. MOH Airborne was awesome.

15. StrongForce

StrongForce Member

GPU:
    r9 290x Windforce
    That's so dumb.... has it been confirmed that it's reactivated after 24 hours though ? if it doesn't it's scandalous :3eyes: well it is already scandalous already.

So agree with you breach of privacy...

16. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EA is joke. I only buy from them when their stuff is in the bargain bin.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Actually... now that I've thought about this a bit more.. I think it is to do with EA's push with trying to tackle the hacker problem in games like Battlefield 4.

Last I heard the hackers were switching hardware ID's to get around bans because the bans were guid I think?.. but now.. well.. yeah.. this would stop that right?

As for Hilbert.. you could probably contact EA support and make your account able to switch unlimited amount of video cards / cpu's.. whatever.. Just explain who your are, the website you run.. and.. yeah..

Seriously though, EA should think about something like "Press" accounts.. for people that do reviews of hardware using the games on the accounts that way this stupid situation wouldn't happen to someone doing something legitimate like reviewing video cards.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Nothing more to add to this. This single sentence is the one and only answer to how any gamer should think about measures as the one discussed here, or mostly, other DRM.

Just out of curiosity I'd be interested to know: How did it help you personally, not to support greedy companies? I'm fairly certain you haven't saved up huge amounts of money because you didn't play any PC game recently :D

19. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Do you mean their live chat filled with indian people who don't even understand english well enough and are totally stupid with no knowledge about anything whatsoever? Because I am not aware of any other support EA provides.

20. StrongForce

StrongForce Member

GPU:
    r9 290x Windforce
    No need to call them stupid, maybe you had no luck.. but yea I see what you mean, it makes me remember of my ISP company support.. the guy who answer calls doesn't have a clue, he doesn't even know what opening ports mean, it's a shame... see these companys think we're fools, they make millions and hire people who have no clue in foreign countrys to provide support..