EA confirms Battlefield 6 to arrive end of the year in an unprecedented scale

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    Had nothing to do with Doing WW2 after 1. BF5 was total trash of a game . Telling your player base "if you dont like it then dont buy it " killed the game off

2. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    Gaming is DOA

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I for one i am all in to end the soap opera of gaming serries that have production cycle 1 year or 2 offering the same thing over and over and over with slight improvements at best getting really stale .

4. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    AMEN.
    I want ONE working game that gets updated every 1-2 years with better graphics, more maps, new gamemodes etc. I'm even willing to pay 15$ every year for that update. They can add their cosmetics microstore in there for $$$.

CS:GO with it's super old maps and Source engine has 730 000 players online on average for January. BF V has 2 960*. Let that sink in.
    Money well spent, EA.

*these are Steam stats. Probably more are playing on consoles and other service providers. But I don't think it's over 25k all together. Still very low numbers.

Corrupt^ and Venix like this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The amount of players is not where EA makes money, it's fishing for whales that is the money maker now.

Making video games that people want to play forever because they are fun.. pftttt...

Making video games that are actually interactive online shops, now that's where video games is at.

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    (just realized) There's actually a surprisingly decent number of servers running Battlefield 2 considering Gamespy is dead and had to be spoofed, effectively killing the game. There's also a pretty nifty BF2 installer floating around ("Complete Collection") that gets updated regularly. It doesn't even bother me that it's of questionable origin, this game should live on and EA just let it die.

It's almost like EA doesn't even want people to know about the greatest game in the entire series. Like they are ashamed of it. I say it's an arcade masterpiece. BF6 could only dream of being this good. But BF2 doesn't monetize you like a meat wallet so it's a formula to be forgotten in any future BF endeavor.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Looking forward to it. I bet it's set in a near future setting, perhaps one that might have happened.

8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I don't care. I never needed origin friends to continue living. MP was and still is trash for BF series.

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    If you do not care, why the hell are in you in a post about Battlefield bragging about not caring?
    MP was not trash for years in BF. MP in BF1 was fantastic, and still is. BFV MP sucks. MP in BF3 was solid, BF4 was awesome, and BC2 was best.
    And your comment about not needing origin for friends to continue living shows how just stupid you really are.