E3 2017: Crytek Hunt Showdown Gameplay

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Crytek showcased its upcoming multiplayer survival game powered, Hunt: Showdown. In Hunt: Showdown, five teams of two players track and kill demons in a huge map. The game is powered by CRYENGINE, fea...

E3 2017: Crytek Hunt Showdown Gameplay

2. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1080
    How old would this game get when you get killed and have to sit out for an hour or restart from scratch with a new group? Doesn't ring of a winner here. With the instant gratification generation in full purchase force, this will be passed by for a kill kill, die ,respawn instantly game.

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You havn't played playeruknown's battleground have you? i'm not saying these two games are related, rather, i'm saying people die at the beginning in 2 man or 4 man squads and wait quite some time sometimes for their teammates to die just to start all over again.

The reason i bring this up is: This game is hugely popular right now, doesn't seem to have a problem with people being upset they are dead for so long.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/ MAC M1
    Long respawns? Actual feeling of survival? Thick bellend unfriendly gameplay? Yes please, sounds good.

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Did you guys not hear him say you can be revived? Best team wins survival mode just like PUBG and other classic survival games. Just has a PVE aspect to it as well.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Those Hellish effects... Will people find difference between glitches and intended effects?
    :)

And video was recorded on like 1024x600 resolution. But game itself looks interesting.

7. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Crytek are still alive?

8. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Evolve was a **** and fail attempt from Crytek.it was always unbalance even after dozen of patches then they quit and made it free to play.Even this game 1% of evolve then i am not into it.

Crytek is bankrupt.all his ideas are flop.Other developers has beat down crytek.

9. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    This kind of game need map size of 50000 sq2.Which is not here.And this is what gonna happens in this game when u gonna fight boss some 3rd party players fcked ur ass from back and when u fight with players then boss gonna fck u back.Its gonna frustrate in the end.All matters that how big the map size.Like evolve map was too short than u cant run from hunters.they catch u so fast traped u and kill u.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Evolve had different problem. While I am all into this kind of games, I installed Evolve, but I never played it.

I always kept my eye on it, but never got to start. There was something unappealing about it, what made me subconsciously evade it.
    - I like PvP/TvT/PvE
    - I like asymmetric multiplayer (Stargate Resistance was the best, but killed by license owner.)
    - Graphically Evolve was good
    - Customization, that's a must for me and it looked like it had it too

Maybe it was that weird concept where you as a monster should run away for half of the game, and then after you are fed, you start actually turning game around?
    That did not look like having fun. (Maybe if I liked racing games, I could take it as outrunning opponents...)

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Um...and i do hope you actually come back to look at this, but...Evolve had nothing to do with Crytek. That was Turtle Rock Studios, published by 2K games. You may want to think about who makes a game before you start bashing a developer for something they never made....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolve_(video_game)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  12. labidas

labidas Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    this game has been in development for quite some time now...

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It makes me kind of think of Escape From Tarkov, if that makes sense? just some of the gameplay mechanics.

14. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
  15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    Damn, that does look good.