E3 2014 (June 10-12th)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 19, 2014.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ok. I can't watch this.. Their production is like a live action college TV station edited in Windows Movie Maker.. ..

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I know... I'm a bit cynical. And pessimistic... and just negative.

But, is it just me?
    Or does this years E3 kind of... suck.
    I mean I'm beyond thrilled for a new Tomb Raider, but was annoyed seeing a CGI trailer.
    Mirror's Edge 2 was announced last year, was looking forward to seeing the game... and we get conceptual work in place holder levels.
    The few other games I'm actually interested in... The Evil Within. It shows the same footage over again. Alien, same footage over again. Dying Light... similar footage.

Sorry, but a new CoD, Assassin's Creed or BF mean nothing to me. The new Rainbow Six looks awful.
    FarCry 4 looks awesome, but I'm holding back my excitement because I'm betting the final game (while looking awesome) won't look as good.
    LotR: Shadows of Mordor I haven't even seen any footage for yet.

The best thing, IMO, to come from E3 this year... is a teaser trailer that tells me to tune in to QuakeCon in a month.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nope, well, for me at least this E3 was great as it announced some great titles that are musthaves for me. TW3, DA3, GTAV PC, FC4, AC:U, Arkham Knight, TR2(?) and I'm sure I missed some but yeah... compared to the last E3s, this one has got me excited on several levels. :nerd:

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think it all depends what your tastes are, I saw a fair few games that interest me.

Though I think we would nearly all agree that there were to many pre rendered CG trailers.

6. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I thought it was pretty lackluster after last years showing (but with two new consoles, that's not surprising)

Quite a few games I'm interested in but was disappointed with the lack of in game footage for a lot of them. Really hyped for Alien, Rainbow 6, The Evil Within and Doom!

One thing that really annoyed me was the scripted MP parts of the show (Rainbow 6 being the worst offender) I can understand having controlled, setup games but the chatter from the players was just so bad, so very very bad.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, the amount of CGI trailers that show nothing have annoyed me.
    And EA's presentation was crap. Who goes to the biggest convention out there and shows off prototype and concepts instead of actual games.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah the fake chat in R6 made me cringe a fair amount.

9. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    That was the cherry on top of just how forced and boring everything at E3 was.

E3 has become that company meeting everyone has to attend once a year where all upper management suddenly put on their cartoon smiles, pretending to be there to listen to your concerns and playing terrible videos about restructuring and exciting new product lines.

10. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    E3 sucked. I miss when E3 was about showing games that would make it out in the fall/winter of the SAME YEAR. What the hell do I wanna be teased with stuff a year...a year and a half down the line? Show me what I'm going to be playing this year. Oh? 3rd party crap? Assassasins Creed, Call of Duty, Madden, and every other franchise with the same gamplay and name but with a new number after it? Yay. So glad I rushed out and bought an xbox one and ps4 on their launch days. And now that the PC has become an expensive port machine that makes games look slightly better I can't even rely on it for gaming as big exclusive's on PC's are about as rare as Xbox pushing 1080.

Gaming altogether is in a rut. Quite sad.

Hmmm....if I don't feel like playing the same title with a new number maybe I can just play Halo, Last of Us or GTA V - you know...games released in the past that just look a little better. That should hold me over. No..wait...that's even worse. What a joke.

Maybe eVolve won't suck. That's my hope for this year.

11. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Haha, ditto. :)

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    E3 in general was a major disappointment. You know it's bad when Microsoft starts to demo a 10 year old Halo game, talk about having nothing to show. Sony didn't fair much better, but at least they showed off a few games.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    But Microsoft and Ubisoft had the best presentations.

EA's was a joke. Here's a bunch of proof of concepts and prototypes... here's what Criterion may, possibly think about working on... maybe.
    Oh... Mass Effect 4? No. Here's the music and some concept art.

And Sony's started good... but then just stalled when they started trying to push hardware. And their big issue was all they really had to show were games that were going to be on all platforms.
    They ended with their best note, Uncharted 4.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Ubisoft thought it was cool to throw in swear words for no reason at all, other than to make them seem cool with the kids. The games on the other hand were quite good. The Criterion video was just the developers on holiday pretending it was work.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  15. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I think it was a good idea to skip the whole E3 show at all and just wait for specific game trailers / videos. The whole blablabla marketing c**p is just annoying and mostly not true anymore once the game is released anyway.

Saying that i think this E3 was great. I preordered GTAV, the next Batman and AC: Unity for PC. And i'll surely keep my eye on the next Borderlands and BF: Hardline, both looked pretty interesting as well.

16. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yeah I think only really Microsoft impressed me. I'm an XB1 owner though and so had quite alot of interest, Halo is gonna be so cool to have, really missed it. I buy the consoles for exclusives, still waiting for something to entice me with the PS4 but E3 was meh for Sony and my tastes, nothing again interests me.

Ubisoft yeah were good, interest in Far Cry, Rainbow and The Division for PC. Other than them though, dunno wasn't blown away this year with E3, nothing that wowed like BF4 did a few years back. COD surprisingly did wow me at times to be fair visually, looked so cinematic, really seemed like a movie, great animations.

17. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    No word on Cyberpunk 2077 ?

18. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    ^nope. they pretty much just focused on Witcher 3. so looking forward to Witcher 3, DA3, and Shadows of Mordor.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sunset Overdrive and the Halo pack is what will get me to buy an XB1. Halo2/3 MP was the last mp experience that i enjoyed and couldn't get enough of.

As for Sony, i agree. The new Info-mus looks like DLC (it maybe, my bad if thats the case), though...

No Mans Sky isnt get enough attention. Ive been following a few vids etc and this lead dev and studio founder is making some extreme promises. If this doesn't follow through with whats hes said so far, i dont see his studio being around for very long.

I mean, its not mp, but everyone play (when connected online) all share the same universe, yet he says that the place is so big, that the chances of coming across another player are so small. Also, to go from one side of the game to the other could take years. Its not like skyrim or gta where you can cover the map within a hour or so.

Destiny looks bland and i think the only reason its received much attention so far is simply because its bungie. Though it looks like Halo was a one hit wounder for them as this just doesnt have any... magic, for lack of a better term.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The only thing Sony has going for it is Uncharted 4.

Microsoft... sorry, but I still haven't seen a single thing that has made me think getting an Xbox One would be a good idea.
    While I'm hyped for Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within, FarCry 4, Dying Light and possibly Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel... everything else was just teases.

Am I interested in Dead Island 2? Who the hell knows. A new team, a new engine... and they show nothing.
    A new Cod, BF and Rainbow Six... pfft. Couldn't care less.

Best thing to come from it.... Doom Teaser. And it just points me to an event I've basically written off because Carmack isn't doing a keynote anymore.
    But, I'll tune in just for Doom.