E-mail notification, for some ppl it still works, for others it doesn't...

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Kyaner, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Can i get an aswer on this plz ?

I started a thread on the Guru's pub about this and it seems that :

1) For some ppl it still works fine
    2) For others it works partialy (some times they get it, some times they don't)
    3) For other ppl, including me, it stopped working altogether at the beggining of this month.

So what is going on ?
    Is this happening due to the database problems we had a couple of weeks back ? Is it gonna be fixed ? If so, when do u think ?

I don't like to complain but the e-mail notification is extremely handy when u got an immediate problem with your pc and u r expecting an aswer asap.
    Also it improves communication on the forum, cause if u r making something like 20 posts a day there is no way u can keep track of them all unless u scan every forum page and that takes a lot of time.

Thanx in advance :)

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Let me guess, you guys all use free mailers like hotmail ?

Check the filters and deleted email. Every complaint I received about this and related email matters where all caused by spam-filters and email blocking at the users or mail providers end.

3. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    I do use hotmail but the guru e-mails r not being filtered, i just don't receive them anymore.

I check my inbox and the junk filter daily and i haven't received any e-mails from guru3d.

Also i have been receiving all the e-mail notifications since i first signed up here but they stopped when the database problem started and without me changing anything on my Junk mail filter or otherwise.

If it's not too much of a hustle, could u plz check my account here at Guru3D to c if everything looks ok ?

Thanks Hilbert :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2003
  4. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Still nothing...
    So i guess it's not hotmail causing the problem.....
    Plus like i said on my previous post some ppl get some e-mail notifications but not all of them, so that can't be due to their mailers.