Dying Light - General Moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by REQUIEM8, Feb 12, 2015.

1. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    They do it, because when PS4 and Xone owners would have seen that E3 demo graphics and animations being played on High end PC compared to the downgraded PS4 and Xone (our current) version they would get for their (next gen) consoles, they would simply wouldn't buy that game on that platform. That would had as a result less profits for the publisher the devs and the Console makers. Instead they downgrade the s**t out of the game trying to make it run at least 30fps across console platforms (cinematic experience), port it to pc with some slightly better visuals mostly PP shaders like SSAO and DOF, to achieve comparable quality across all platforms and make everyone happy.

P.S. For any console fanboy i might hurt, i myself own a PS4 from the 1st day of release but it does not change the fact that they are far from what i would call a NextGen.

2. REQUIEM8

REQUIEM8 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5go
    Exactly, NextGen is PC. And me too I have a PS4 but I come back to my country 5 months ago and my PC was still here waiting for me lol. Now, I don't play anymore on my PS4..

3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Exactly the same thing as Watch Dogs. Fake E3 demos on High End PC, and then big downgrade because of Next Gen consoles.

So games will stay limited because of consoles, and you can expect other lies when new consoles will be sold...

Now that we are aware of this, let's show to Mr Microsoft and Mr Sony (in a demo saloon for example), that consumers are not idiot !

4. hacknham

hacknham Guest

GPU:
    GTX780SC 3GB
    I Put varlist_dof.scr in "Documents\DyingLight\Data\scripts"
    and DOF dont work
    i need make any more ?

5. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    If you have mods that quit working after you updated, here is how to make them work again. Take your Data folder where your mods are and merge it with the data folder that is inside of the Data0.pak located in Dying Light\DW\ and thats it.

First make a backup of your data0.bak "Just copy it into a backup folder"
    Open the data0.pak with winrar, inside the winrar window you should see a folder called Data. Now take the data folder from your "documents\DyingLight" or "Documents\DyingLight\out\" that contains your mods, and drag and drop the folder into a blank area in the winrar window. Now a small window will open with some options. In that window it should say "Update mode", and under that it should say "add and replace files". If it doesn't, then you'll need to open the drop down options and select it. Once that is done, click "OK". Now close it and you're finished. I have already merged a couple of mods I was using before the update and I also downloaded a new mod and also merged it into the data0.pak file to get it to work.

I was also having another problem with the new update. Myself and others could not accept challenges or track quests after updating. I would press and hold the "T" button but nothing would happen and pressing the other button to decline wouldn't work either. If this is happening to anyone here. Just let me know and I will tell you how to fix it.

NOTE: You can also create a Data3.pak and put all of your mods there. This is the prefered way and some will already have the Data3.pak from using Dying Light Manager. Now BEWARE if you use the new version of DLM that is compatible with the 1.4 update, it will create a new Data3.pak and overwrite all of your mods if you were putting them in the data3 file. In my opinion, DLM is pointless to use now anyways.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  6. hacknham

hacknham Guest

GPU:
    GTX780SC 3GB

:)
    thanks a lot m8

7. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Quentin's - Beautiful Reshade FX with Performance Patch

MODS USED
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

My - Beautiful Reshade FX PRESET
    TILTSHIFT
    LENSDIRT
    GAUSSIAN ANAMFLARE
    BLOOM
    SHARPENING
    LEVELS
    LIFTGAMMAGAIN
    TONEMAP
    VIBRANCE
    CURVES

Download
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3069/

Sunset Performance Patch
    https://mega.co.nz/#!yAdUUCaR!De-VuK7UlGbH3Q5Vf-K3_fnBeosMzHCy2w9-wB-MjbI

OR

My Performance Patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ok004chhj1xhld8/Data3.pak

SCREENS WITH EVERYTHING ON :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ENJOY :)

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    It seems (with latest patch 1.5) enabling DOF no longer disables the sunray / godray effects.

Which is nice. I think DOF was the icing on the already pretty sweet cake.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  9. GhostBazar

GhostBazar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 4GB
    I everybody! Do you know if we can create a mod with the graphic like e3 gameplay as watch dogs. I think it's possible but, me, I'm not a "professional"
    in modding :(
    Thanks for you help :)

10. orion-uk

orion-uk New Member

GPU:
    Titan (3GB)
    Hi :)
    All these amazing mods and not one where you can set / re_position the hud (for use with my oculus rift) would someone be kind and help me work out how to do this please?
    Thank you :)

11. Dyinglightmodder9

Dyinglightmodder9 Guest

GPU:
    rtx 8609
    Have you guys found out how to make the sun like e3? ive been searching for months pls help