Dying Light: Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Dec 6, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    FPS improvement is HUGE (+50 to +100%) and decrease in RAM usage is also HUGE (-30 to -40%).

Where is the magic?

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dev opened his big mouth, Ubi went on damage control. Optimization does not net a double performance gain.

Edit: lol, i thought i was in The Division thread. Sorry Ubi.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't believe in magic or miracles.

I guess you don't see a game publishers "conspiracy" against PC game versions everywhere...or i'm wrong?

:D

It could be interesting to see the same VS in consoles ( original vs enhanced version).

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Is the PS4 version not supposed to now be running at 60fps (unlocked) compared to a locked 30fps on the original game.

Probably just went with reduced features for stuff that is not visible/barely visible, while some features are performance heavy and actually damage image quality for some people.

It certainly looks like a good idea from the comparison videos though, does mean the game now has lower minimum specs.

Likely i can now run it at 4k DSR:)

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No no, im with you.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    So, anyone have any comments on a lot of what the Enhanced Edition actually added?

The new enemy behavior, new parkour movements... weapons, Legends system and such?
    Since it wasn't really advertised as a big graphical update (other then the facial animation and NPC looks)...

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I was talking specifically about the Steam version.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Me too. :)

Things don't change...until they change.

That normally happens when we must follow rules that are only enforced when the most powerful part in a relation wants.

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I just want to know specifically if PC Steam EU base game and RU season pass are compatible, your replies only confuse the original question.

10. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I downloaded Enhanced Edition with the Following still havent fired it up, gotta admit I was tempted by the initial reviews,it looks like this will be the closest thing to Walking Dead emulator.

I have played the original and that got boring very quickly, a couple of hours max, so uninstalled, this on the other hand looks promising, as for "enhanced" definition I am not sure what that means exactly, guessing its a bit like Metro 2033 Redux

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Looks good, plus I think I saw higher GPU utilization with 1.10. in some parts.

Though the comparison is to 1.2.0. IIRC 1.3.0 and upwards improved performance further still.
    Many people posted that 1.3.0 fixed their performance issues to my recollection.

The latest version I played was 1.5.2 I think.

edit: ah screw it, reinstalling DL now, gotta see what all the fuss is about ;)

PS: @BladeRunner

the prologue/intro/tutorial is the weakest part of the game by far with scripted time of day and such. It's also way too long to my liking (IIRC lasts for a couple of story missions).

I almost got bored with the game too but once you get past that and the game kicks in properly it's much better.
    The intro is over when TOD starts changing (you see a clock appear on your journal/inventory).

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Performance is definitely worst for me, although it is mostly the first few minutes after continuing the game. I tried The Following for the first time this morning and the game was running fine until I got outside and attacked my first zombie then the game hitched and jerked for 10-15 seconds during combat but was fine thereafter. Game is installed to a mechanic hard drive but pre-Enhanced Edition worked without this hiccups plus I have dozens and dozens of other games on the same drive that all run perfectly.

Not really sure what is happening here. I am not using any mods nor am I forcing any additional settings via the NVIDIA per-game profile.

On a different note, one noticeable issue with having a large open area in this game is that pop in and draw of grass/foliage is a lot more obvious than the built up city of Harran but that's part and parcel of Techland engines, which have always felt a bit rough and ragged around the edges. Dying Light is definitely there most polished game even with these performance hitches.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Enemies seem more aggressive (even on Normal difficulty). Haven't yet noticed differences in parkour or combat otherwise.

Except hit zones seems to matter more, even normal biters must take a clean hit to the head even with powerful weapons (such as my 2000+ damage katana) for a single-blow kill.

Before I was able to slice through hordes no matter what. You still can, but it seems aiming and timing is more important.

Which is good. Also someone said melee attacks feel unnaturally fast, I cannot agree with that.
    Granted, I haven't played DL for 6 months but the attack speed feels the same. At least compared to a maxed out character.

BTW returning to Dying Light after 6 months and the game's still every bit as great as ever!
    100+ hrs clocked and I'm not bored a bit. Story (and side quests) complete but there's still a lot to do and find. And zombies to bash.

This game is completely unique to me in this sense. Absolute masterpiece!
    The side content doesn't feel like artificial filler but meaningful addition to the world/story.

Did you try the fullscreen off-on trick?

Because I have the exact same issue still with 1.10.0 patch (must do the trick to get triple buffering working to prevent stutters).
    Your issue sounds very similar.

Or alternatively try forcing TB with D3DOverrider for example.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Idk, game runs realy smooth for me. 1080p/High/max distance (gameworks off) im even using reshade/sweetfx and fps is mostly at 60-70. I've noticed drops to 50's but rarely.

Its running much better than original game, no doubt.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    so lets make this a total output and we can say ===> DYING LIGHT: GAY EDITION ?

16. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    What's wrong with gay? What are you saying?

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i am not against GAYs or their marriage. people are people unless they r not hurting each other and in my opinion any kind of person is good unless(as i said) hurt other beings.

just This edition seems a good gift but breaks the game itself? iam nearly certain fighting animations r faster and ruining the game. so they broke my game. it was better before..can redo this update?

18. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    So basically what you're saying is "gays" are ok, but something that's broken or bad is "gay" in your opinion?

I see.

I used to think you were tedious, now I know you're homophobic as well.

Cheers for the clarification.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Besides all that gay bashing how did they broke your game? It runs so much smoother than before.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    The boost came from lowered distance view.

Version1.0 had 2.50 (default 50%) up to 4.0 (100%)? then they lowered to 2.0 or 2.50 as max 100%. I remember manually override cfg with 3.60 3.60.. its the limit for my cpu to keep at 60fps+ in huge open areas and it looked much b3tter by distant objects/buildings/trees.