Dying Light 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    mowing down zombies with the buggie was the best part in 1 :D

Somehow this game gives me a mirrors edge vibe now, since there is so much of the environment you can use to your advantage. ok, they were put there for a reason , but still it gives more freedom. i hope we get more open areas besides the crowded buildings.
    The AA still sucks btw, they should go not for a post-process one. its always to slow especially for this kind of game.

Kolt likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Didnt they say nightime will be big aspect of the game? Zombies that only come out by night.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Considering that was a big part of the first game, chances are... it's still a big part of the sequel.
    Zombies are out all the time, but regular zombies become more aggressive at night, and Volatiles come out at night.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Yeah Volatiles ware very dangerous especially in the fallowing. When couple of them attack you need to run or die.

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Once we get a solid release date for DL2, I'm going to replay the first game + The Following.

MarkyG likes this.
  6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    im baaack :D And DL2 looks insane, i cant wait to get my hands on it! hopefully coop will be as good as first one!

7. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    AWW Shucks, you guys got me hooked! Going to buy DL on Ebay now...............

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i kinda hate the setting, the setting for the first game was much more vibrant and has that lush island , maybe because i like island settings like farcry 3 and crysis

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Uhhh... are you thinking of Dead Island?
    Because Dying Light was set in a city as well. It had a few areas by water, around a bridge... but, it wasn't a lush island.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Following had a nice lush farmland though but every little field (And there's a lot.) acts as a spawner for hordes of roaming and infected which share AI but also have unique AI although as of a prior patch some of this made it into the base game so infected can now act like zombies but then suddenly scream and rush when near the player and such things and the overall higher level and durability and tendency to do grab attacks. :)
    (Essentially even at higher levels walking around gets you swarmed and killed very quickly or greatly wears down equipment durability from all the combat.)

Someone was definitively having a good time growing their flocks in those fields, makes traversal even with the buggy quite risky and unlike the base game the transition is more immediate so it doesn't start with smaller more standard hoards gradually seeing a increase in special infected and it's all quite hazardous to begin with.
    (And the buggy needs parts and maintenance too once those wear down.)

Resort and the city in Dead Island were fun, jungle and prison felt a bit less fun though the city could also spawn quite some hordes and then there's the sewers. :D
    Inner Haran or the Old Town / District 0 in Dying Light has similar features but the parkour, grappel and other traversal options makes it more easy to navigate though armed NPC and some special hostiles can still be tricky.

Marsh in riptide early on well it's a swamp so it's not easy making those likeable plus the boat mechanic and larger roaming hoards again.

Oh and for Dying Light there's a few more lush areas in the outer parts of the slum too but not as much though there's some secrets to unveil for players who explore a bit.
    I do like the patches for toggling down the film grain and chromatic color shift that also got added, chromatic aberration on the edges as a light fringe or during overlays like a visor or binoculars can make sense but splitting each color channel into visible diverging spectra or how to call it where you can see it around every object and outline is near headache inducing and for a lot of players it's probably even worse than that.
    (Took a while though but mods helped for the PC version even if early attempts also removed much of the tone mapping and coloration giving a slight yellow-orange tinge.)

EDIT: Can't say much for Dying Light 2 so far, some of the artwork and screenshots reminds me of the pieces from the first Dying Light and others remind me of Dishonored or even Assassin's Creed a bit.
    (See that tower? You can - probably going to have to. - climb on it.)

Some of it also looks like a huge sprawling city and others look like it has more outlier areas and bits that aren't just various faction controlled districts in some European city.
    (Haran was based of a city in Turkey as I recall, City or The City or what it's called here is somewhere in Europe but not really sure if there's any details on where Dying Light 2 actually takes place beyond that.)

EDIT: This for example for that tower though it's a old shot by now.

[​IMG]

"Are you a bad enough d00d to synchronize that viewpoint."
    (Not quite word for word Bad Dudes NES beat-em-up reference where evil ninjas once again - common little incident that. - kidnapped the US president.)

And this kinda reminds me of good ol' Lord Regent from Dishonored

https://i1.wp.com/www.newsgroove.co...e-out-entire-settlements-in-Dying-Light-2.jpg

(Just in case to not spoil things in case he's somehow really important or something so no embedding.)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    jaggerwild likes this.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    yeah, i guess the city was by the water i guess, it made it more vibrant, i don t know, maybe it s just me i just don t like the setting of Dying light 2

12. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Hence why they haven’t shown any night time footage yet. I’m guessing it’s going to be rather amazing.

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Hmm i dont like the whole setting tbh. Looks more like Dishonored with zombies now. Meh. :p

ramthegamer likes this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I actually think Dead Island 2 could be more interesting than this (if they finish it someday).

ramthegamer likes this.
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    that s my opinion aswell. it doesn t feel like dying light

DocStrangelove likes this.

16. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    You want the same exact setting as the last game? What's the point? Just play the first game.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I just find it funny that people are instantly jumping on "Doesn't feel like Dying Light"....
    Because of one tightly controlled 20 some minute long demo, of a specific area.

The first footage of the first Dying Light focused around the center of the city, around dirty slums and a freeway overpass.

I think the new setting looks very promising. Along with the new combat and movement options.

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I dunno really. I just wanted a jungle atmosphere like in DeadIsland or DyingLight. That was awesome. Or a desert area like in the last metro title.

These European areas we see in Stalker, Dishonored and Metro have become boring to me over the years, prob because i'm near an industrial area here in Germany and see those things every day.

I just need something different in my games.

19. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I'm in Los Angeles, so nothing looks like that here. I'm in a jungle...a concert jungle.

In all honesty though, nothing looks like what's presented in Dying Light 2. Maybe the closest thing would be Chernobyl and Fukushima. There's really no other cities that are completely abandoned, full of dead bodies, and taken over by nature. Dying Light's atmosphere is going to be familiar, but different. I believe the idea behind it, or at least the way I see it, is that it looks familiar and tricks you into thinking it's safe. How safe was it really? The environments looked destructible, which might might travel dangerous...especially if it caves in and you're stranded in a dark zone. Don't fool yourself into thinking you've seen this before. I expect many surprises and deaths making my runs...hopefully in daytime.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    There's quite a few ghost cities and abandoned larger areas though I wouldn't know about bodies, areas built around stuff like the Olympic events also seem to get this fate though it probably isn't as haunting as Pripyat around Chernobyl particularly some years in as vegetation started taking over though I guess there was still a risk of radioactive hotspots for quite some time so not the first site one would just decide to explore and no idea about looting and such either which I'd imagine was also risky early on if the town was abandoned hastily.

EDIT: Seems there's quite a few in China as part of a rapid expansion plan where a lot of the area is still uninhabited which could make for interesting inspiration for these games though completely fictional and things like the retro science fiction or fantasy take would make for a awesome sight I'd imagine if we have the actual tech and hardware for this at some point in the future. :)

EDIT: Kinda reminds me of the Augmented city (Golem?) in Mankind Divided come to think of it.Make something fictional with inspiration of real life areas could also work incredibly well.
    [​IMG]

Although for Dying Light 2 there's mostly been snippets so far so who knows what the full map looks like and the outer less urban areas which I imagine exists too from some of the artwork provided and revealed so far.

EDIT: The Division 1 also had a nice little buildup and reveal for when pushing further North and how that transformed and changed the landscape and severity of the crisis.

Worked best in the actual Dark Zone though and DZ08 and DZ09 added in took it to just below the Central Park area which unfortunately never got implemented.

But it was still possible for players to follow the trail of these trash bags littering the area and gradually increasing until they filled the streets and suddenly weren't trash bags at all.

[​IMG]

Worked in Dead Island too for when players got into the original quarantine zone in the city though other places could be hit pretty hard too but not quite to the same extent as getting through the walled off areas for the first time.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    DocStrangelove likes this.