DXVK 2.0 (A Vulkan-based translation layer for DX 9/10/11)

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by SpajdrEX, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    The CryEngine fix, if it works, is tremendous.

However I can only be amused at this point that performance in Crysis 3 for example has been broken for over 2 years now on GCN 4/5/RDNA1/RDNA2? and when DXVK FINALLY fixes AMD's performance in this game, we'll have the remaster for Crysis 3 in three weeks with proper performance anyway, haha.

When I played Ryse in late 2019, performance was abysmal UNLESS I enabled "30 second continuous recording" in ReLive in the driver, which I found as a weird tweak, but it enabled the GPU to be at full load while playing the game. Ended up playing the game at 3200x1800 at 70-100 fps.

I also have to get around both the Homefront games and Sniper: Ghost Warrior games, past the first one, at a certain point. Happy to get fixes for them.

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It's really one of the weirdest driver bugs ever. Also quite shocking how AMD haven't really managed to fix it until today. It seems in Crysis 3 and Ryse, also enable and then disable again RTSS fps limiter works as a workaround. Too much weirdness...

3. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    i have massive stutter in BF5 anyone have solution ?

[​IMG]

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    BFV has a shipton of different shaders, so it will take forever until compile stutter ceases.
    The game's D3D11 renderer is also worse optimized for AMD, which is spoofed also for Nvidia cards with DXVK by default. When you manually spoof an Nvidia card, CPU performance will be ruined, as apparently DXVK can't do whatever special it is the game expects from the NV D3D11 driver. It should be pointless to play the game with DXVK on Windows.

PhazDelta likes this.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Anyone else tried this with Fifa22? Getting terrific framerates using Vulkan instead of DirectX with no artefacts etc. but there's an annoying issue where it shows a black screen every time the camera changes, eg gameplay - cutscene - gameplay which is a bit annoying. I'll try to capture a video showing it.

Kiryxa91 likes this.
  6. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Hasn't FIFA for a while now supported DX11 and 12? Try DX12 and see if situation is better or worse than DX11/DXVK?

Grimbarian likes this.
  7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah it's been DX12 for the last couple of versions by default or you can force DX11 via an ini. DX12 was crashing for me before the latest update but seems stable now, DXVK is about 30-100fps more than DX11!

8. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Nice.

9. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    DXVK and DXVK Async 1.9.3 released

Arinoki and Krteq like this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

11. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    God of War seems like a perfect example of game that would benefit from DXVK. However I'm getting a checkerboarded pattern on display, like a chess board, on 5700 XT / NimeZ 22.1.1 drivers / Windows 11. Tried DXVK 1.9.3 with and without Async.

Any suggestions?

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i'd suggest not using modified drivers with suspicious tweaks that don't do anything.

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Was that with FSR or TAAU enabled? If so, try without. If still no dice, probably driver issue (as usual with DXVK on propr. AMDVLK driver on Navi). There btw. have been performance options enabled for GoW after 1.9.3 was tagged, you can set those in dxvk.conf without a new build (remove brackets and commata etc.): https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/commit/42c06ceb51dcce591981ee3b90d63ea265448e1f

AsiJu likes this.
  14. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Tried the NimeZ driver and the vanilla driver. Tried DXVK normal and Async. Enabled the performance tweaks in dxvk.conf, no need to download a new build. TAA, FSR, Windowed/Borderless, nothing makes a difference.

I'm not using Linux, I'm on Windows.

I'm not sure yet if it's a my PC build problem, my Windows is crippled somewhere or if RDNA1 has a particular bug with DXVK and DX11_1. Especially since I've seen other arhitectures don't have issues.

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Can be all sorts of driver issues (tiling, delta color compression...) that might only occur with a path specific to RDNA1. It is well possible that RDNA2 isn't affected the same or not at all.
    It's always good to have multi-boot Linux with AMD to have two additional back-up drivers that often work better with DXVK (RADV & AMDVLK-open*).

*usually you can also forget about that one

16. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    where can find dxvk.conf ?

edit: i found it

holy moly i get fps boost

Without dxvk.conf
    [​IMG]

With dxvk.conf
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Krteq and AsiJu like this.
  17. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    You tweaked those 2 settings on dxvk.conf and got a performance boost? How much on your 6900 XT.

18. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC

25 FPS BOOST wtf

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Damn!

Where did you find dxvk.conf? Do you just place it into GoW directory then with the .dlls?
    Also what's the correct way to add those settings?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  20. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    creat dxvk.conf with text and save the file with .conf

add those two line

d3d11.ignoreGraphicsBarriers = True
    d3d11.relaxedBarriers = True

Attached Files:

CPC_RedDawn and AsiJu like this.