DXVK 1.7.1 (A Vulkan-based translation layer for DX 9/10/11)

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by SpajdrEX, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Cryio

Cryio Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    The CryEngine fix, if it works, is tremendous.

However I can only be amused at this point that performance in Crysis 3 for example has been broken for over 2 years now on GCN 4/5/RDNA1/RDNA2? and when DXVK FINALLY fixes AMD's performance in this game, we'll have the remaster for Crysis 3 in three weeks with proper performance anyway, haha.

When I played Ryse in late 2019, performance was abysmal UNLESS I enabled "30 second continuous recording" in ReLive in the driver, which I found as a weird tweak, but it enabled the GPU to be at full load while playing the game. Ended up playing the game at 3200x1800 at 70-100 fps.

I also have to get around both the Homefront games and Sniper: Ghost Warrior games, past the first one, at a certain point. Happy to get fixes for them.

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    It's really one of the weirdest driver bugs ever. Also quite shocking how AMD haven't really managed to fix it until today. It seems in Crysis 3 and Ryse, also enable and then disable again RTSS fps limiter works as a workaround. Too much weirdness...

3. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    i have massive stutter in BF5 anyone have solution ?

[​IMG]

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    BFV has a shipton of different shaders, so it will take forever until compile stutter ceases.
    The game's D3D11 renderer is also worse optimized for AMD, which is spoofed also for Nvidia cards with DXVK by default. When you manually spoof an Nvidia card, CPU performance will be ruined, as apparently DXVK can't do whatever special it is the game expects from the NV D3D11 driver. It should be pointless to play the game with DXVK on Windows.

PhazDelta likes this.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Anyone else tried this with Fifa22? Getting terrific framerates using Vulkan instead of DirectX with no artefacts etc. but there's an annoying issue where it shows a black screen every time the camera changes, eg gameplay - cutscene - gameplay which is a bit annoying. I'll try to capture a video showing it.

Kiryxa91 likes this.
  6. Cryio

Cryio Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    Hasn't FIFA for a while now supported DX11 and 12? Try DX12 and see if situation is better or worse than DX11/DXVK?

Grimbarian likes this.
  7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Yeah it's been DX12 for the last couple of versions by default or you can force DX11 via an ini. DX12 was crashing for me before the latest update but seems stable now, DXVK is about 30-100fps more than DX11!

8. Cryio

Cryio Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    Nice.