DXVK 1.7.1 (A Vulkan-based translation layer for DX 9/10/11)

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by SpajdrEX, Aug 13, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Cryio likes this.
  2. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Speaking of which, 1.8.1 is out.
    https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v1.8.1

Bug fixes and Improvements
    • Fixed a regression that would cause a number of D3D9 games to crash when changing the resolution or during startup.
    • Improved performance in many D3D9 games when using MSAA on RADV.
    • Improved presentation logic for MSAA swap chains, which are common in older D3D9 games.
    • Mafia II: Work around shadows being broken when the game thinks it's running on an AMD GPU.
    • Warhammer Online: Work around the game trying to use unsupported image formats. (#1296)
    Github actions
    Support for automated builds of the current master branch as well as pull requests has been added. Builds can be found here.

3. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
  4. Frusio

Frusio New Member

GPU:
    RX 560

5. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Well, you should thanks to Sporif, not me :) I just linked that

6. Frusio

Frusio New Member

GPU:
    RX 560
    Tought you were the man behind this great tweak, still thanks for link you provide, i know dxvk from this thread. I can't thank enough Sportif for this. Now the test result, it works better with my dx9 game than previous ver. Hope the dev is keeping up the great work!

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/commit/1c2edabbcba5acb9c1228af6d635751b6a9c7d66
    https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/commit/b25d6ba615a8522f1d056413e837228cbcf682fa

Looks like NVIDIA 465.xx fixes a bug but the newest commits now also disable this workaround when this version is detected and a config parameter was also added for controlling it. :)

Krteq likes this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    JonasBeckman and Krteq like this.
  9. Frusio

Frusio New Member

GPU:
    RX 560
    Guys i need your support for the async build. The dxvk works flawless until last night, the display suddenly freeze and i cant to anything but force close the game. Looked at the .log file and it's final line said ;

err: DxvkSubmissionQueue: Command submission failed: VK_ERROR_OUT_OF_DEVICE_MEMORY

Google gave me some good article or forum posts but i have no idea what they were talking about. Can you guys help?

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I got it finally working in Fallout New Vegas and was just wondering how do I make it so it does not show all the details up the left side of the screen?

*edit*

I figured it out, I'm so stupid....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    BetA likes this.