DX10 IN XP IS POSSIBLE! evil microsoft >.<

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by ohno, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I own Vista 64 Home Premium, couldn't run it as there seems to be no drivers to properly run 570 chipset(at least on my system). My hard drive was thrashing like hell and it would take 20mins just to get to Vista log in panel. I have a DX9 card and only 2GB or ram. To really use Vista I'd have to spend hundreds to properly use it..Not gonna do it anytime soon.

I had a problem too, my Xfi fried and I didn't know about it. This originally attributed to all my problems. But when I yanked it and booted up it was the same thing....I could have gone with the default drivers but then I had lots of unconfigured devices... I thought, whats the point? I yanked Vista and put XP back in...

As to DX10 and DX9, I just don't see the worth. For example, I play Lost Planet a DX9 and DX10 game... the DX9 to me is jaw dropping as it is..

2. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    300-400?? C'mon.. for what a 8600 included with the rest.

8800GTS would be my minimum. Here and in the US it sells for $300 alone.
    Vista, unless OEM or upgrade costs here $300. Talking, Home Edition or Ultimate.
    Depending on how much RAM you already have, chalk up at least another $80-$120

I don't see any point throwing a 8600 in with Vista.. unless you aren't a real gamer... but that's just my opinion...don't flame me.

3. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    Why does everyone bitch about Vista?

I dont see all the problems, this very same thing happend when XP came out nobody wanted to make the move.
    I made the move almost as soon as it came out because i wanted the new OS it was so much better then 98 SE.
    Same with Vista i made the move because its so much better then XP (Or at least it will be when the drivers are sorted, just like when XP's drivers were fixed.)

Who really cares if DX10 can be backported onto XP will any of you really try it? i mean seriously?
    My guess is no you will probably all go out and get Vista because THAT will be the better OS shortly "it uses more memory you all say" well yeah it does but we dont live in a era were PC's are made with 256Mb RAM anymore, if you cant upgrade and move on with the tech the dont complain that it dont work.
    Im actually amazed at how many years back in tech Vista supports least people with FX's and ATi X850's and so on can use it. . . . . .Sorry about that really im just quite sick of all these people moaning about Vista, i bet most of you didnt even give it a change to be good before you threw it in the draw and went back to XP then told all your mates that it was terrible.

Goodbye :)

4. ohno

ohno Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI/AMD X1650pro AGP Gdd3
    admin can close this thread(if they want to), i think we made our points clear (sorta).

And YET AGAIN it all comes down to $$$

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

dude.. stop spouting your propaganda on these boards.

Newsflash! You're gonna have to buy hardware like this is you wanna play high end games with high settings ANYWAY! What.. you think that you'll be able to play U3 and Crysis on XP with a 7800GTX with Ultra Settings?? Give me a break and stop talking.

Quit trying to bring Vista into the equation, because its SOFTWARE not HARDWARE and you're trying to claim that Vista makes it suddenly not cost feasable??

Well fine then.. stick with XP and your 7800GTX playing your games with all settings max and getting 10fps.. and continue cursing vista and the people who have it, enjoy it, and play awesome upcoming titles with their new GTS/GTX cards. Just cuz you're jealous of these people doesn't mean that Vista isn't worth the money, according to you..

6. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    And thankyou very much Mr.Scooby :) you put that perfectly and i tottaly agree

7. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    What irks me is it's the same people pushing Vista that flame those that want to stick with XP or see no reason to go to Vista.. Maybe MS pays people to push Vista? :approval: I'll move to Vista when I can finance a machine truly capable of using Vista.. that wont be at least for another year.

8. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    That was what i was saying, im not flaming people who go back as such im just annoyed at the people with low grade rigs that KNOW fine well it wont run Vista moan about it.

I have been using Vista since the Public beta 1, and ive enjoyed using it the Driver support was disgraceful back then but its far better now.
    If you say your not going to upgrae Flukester then you are the clever one you know you dont want/cant run Vista so you stick to it, the thing that annoyed me is people like yourself just putting Vista on withough a DX10 card and then moaning that its sh!t.

I myself find no problems with it and feel it was worth the £60 i paid for it, it is so much better then XP it more ways then i can actually say.

9. ohno

ohno Member Guru

GPU:
    maybe i am jealous because it works for u and doesn't for me. i buy freakin $1100 laptop only to go back to xp to solve my problems:puke3:

10. ohno

ohno Member Guru

GPU:
    :behead:

11. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i think its good if XP supports DX10 as it means more DX10 games will be developed because of alot bigger install base

whats with all the hate on vista, i havent had any problems with it and have found it as stable as my XP install

hoestly i really like vista and didnt upgrade becuase of DX10 i upgraded becuase i liked the look of it and was getting bored of XP , i hope you guys get DX10 if you do then good for you

12. ohno

ohno Member Guru

GPU:
    yes, i agree VISTA looks alot better but it would have been nice to include dx10 (atleast some form of it) in xp. Would give people time and choice

13. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    In 1 year Vista shall be the King and Xp shall just a memory !!
    Just wait for the SP of Vista and the new drivers and we shall talk then !!
    It is the same talk that was when XP or 98 arrived so stop complaining !!

14. ohno

ohno Member Guru

GPU:
    thread closed

15. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    OK heres a point regarding vista that seems obsurd to me. I constantly hear ppl saying that oh no, vista forces me to upgrade my gfx card, cpu, ram ect to run costing me $$$. Well from my understanding, this is an enthusiasts forum and the majority of ppl here will upgrade their hardware regardless of a new OS or not. This is because they want to play games with top fps. Vista isnt forcing you to upgrade your hardware, its the quest for getting the most badass setup you can afford.

When I last upgraded my comp, it wasnt for an os, its because i wanted new hardware. I wanted more fps. If you cannot afford new hardware/OS, whos saying you have to buy it. It's not like you would be able to play the newest, most demanding games at acceptable framerates with old hardware in xp.

Vista is just a new OS that takes advantage of the newest hardware and game features. If you have that hardware why not use it. If you dont have the hardware, well you may strugle with crysis/bioshock and other games in DX9, as well as DX10.

If ppl have the money, and love new hardware they will by new gfx cards/cpus/ram because they want it. From what I remember, recently games like crysis, bioshock, and other extremely demanding titles have spurred individuals upgrading, not win vista. Maybe you should blame game makers increasing the requirements for their games rather then a new OS... .

16. r0k0

r0k0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    is that why you have a 8800 Ultra already :p aint that DX 10 card...?

lol just kidding man :banana:

17. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Again, read the posts before you quote it.....

This means i think people SHOULD get an 8 series.

18. carlo247

carlo247 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ SLI
    Thats not true, you should stop reading those old posts and threads. Most softwares work, drivers and games. Vista does not suck, in my point of view and to many other users, i think its the best OS out, its good looking and smart working.

19. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    What it comes down to isnt mainly money but you as a person wants. If you want a kickass system then you buy the hardware for it, regardless if it supports this and that. I built my system for Vista and DX10 and i also putted out the money for it.

Many people on many forums saying DX10 for XP is possible and many say its isnt but i would wait and see because im not a software programmer so i cannot judge if its possible or not and i will not speculate. What we can do is to wait and see.

Like many other i have a dual boot system with Vista 64 and XP 64 on 2 separet HDDs and to be honest the last time i booted into XP64 was like 2 months ago. Every game i bought recently has worked perfectly under Vista.

I can also admit it hasnt always been a smooth ride with Vista. Before the 15x.x driver release the games and all other software has been a nightmare to say the least but i knew it would get better because Vista is still really new and the software developers are still learning i suspect we will have a perfect functional driver really soon.

What else to say, use whatever OS that fits your gaming purposes and be happy. Whatever thats works for you.

20. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Vista is nothing but a marketing gimmick. It's XP with more eye candy. I have Vista Ultimate dual-boot with XP Pro. I've been sticking with XP, and haven't ever considered going Vista permanently.