During games, my PC freezes then makes a long beep.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RKOver, Jun 28, 2009.

1. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I'll try later before I put the Sapphire 4890 Vapor-X in XD

2. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Bad news, BP. I got one beep with my Sapphire card. I KNEW it wasn't the ASUS cards. Right, I've decided anyway. I'm jumping to i7.

ASUS P6T V2
    920 D0 (watercooled)
    OCZ Reaper 1600MHz 6GB

I'll post in my for sale thread and mention my 2 4890's for sale and my Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w.

3. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully with the stuff you'll be selling, you'll be able to pay for most of the new stuff. At least you'll be getting new stuff which should work, though you may need a new waterblock or at least an updated bracket for it to fit on the 920. They are a little bit bigger than the Core2Quads, though the heat profile should be fairly similar for them. Good luck with the new build man, I wish I could join you in it. What card will you pair up with the i7, the Sapphire 4890?

4. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I had alot of issues with a few of my cards in the past. I have the 1200 thermaltake
    and it has been a great psu so far. The cards just sound like an overheating issue.. I think that's what happened. Furmark does'nt help either.. I actually fried 2 of my cards using furmark.. Not recomended.. they just got worse over time the more I used furmark.
    I remember getting so mad that my cards would not stay cool at overclocked speeds that I bought a whole sperate watercooling system just for my cards. Now they are stable and running overclocked like never before. Man, If you really like getting the last bit of juice out of something I say go water. After hours of gameplay overclocked never been over 53c