Duke Nukem Forever - Hail to the King Baby!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Dmented, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    The point is that NVIDIA have added an AA flag to the retail version's profile/executable that causes black boxes on 2D foliage and grass even if you do NOT force AA through the driver profiles!

The only reason I don't see it in the demo is because its executable has not been added to the profile but if you do it manually (using NVIDIA Inspector) then you get the same black boxes.

2. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I think the Visual C++ installation is what left a load of crap files (VCRED etc.) in the root folder of my D: drive. It used to annoy the hell out of me when I installed AMD/ATI drivers and I thought I'd seen the back of that bug.

There's nothing worst IMO that installs that don't clean up after themselves. It's so easy to accidentally delete something you didn't intend when deleting stuff from the root of a partition so why the f*** these files don't use the Temp folder is beyond me. Incompetent coding on Microsoft's behalf I guess. :bang:

3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    I have the beta's still but get good scaling with all settings maxed including aa.I get lowest 125 and highest something silly like 290fps.
    Perhaps the game runs better on the earlier betas.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    That's not entirely correct. I added the demo .exe to the profile and didn't get any black boxes with the .36 driver. I only forced AF on top of the game's own settings though.

5. RyviusRan

RyviusRan Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI
    FSAA doesn't work for me.....when I enable it nothing happens.
    FXAA cuts fps in half.....if that is supposed to be competing with MLAA then it has failed especially performance wise.

I am trying to find a hex value that works for forcing AA but the ones I used so.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    So?

Just uninstall it. You guys are acting like duke just gave you AIDS. Give it a rest guys, put it all into perspective...

7. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    It is not supposed to be crysis 3 geez...Duke is about having fun, not looking at every texture and complaining. PC gamerrs are such spolied little brats it isn't even funny....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    That's not the point, the installer should NOT have installed this unless needed and as it is launched along with Windows its possible that it may cause system crashes preventing people from even getting to the desktop to uninstall it. Hell, people might experience crashes because of it and not even realise it was installed! I would not have known about it myself had I not read about it on here and, fortunately, for me I had not rebooted my PC since it was installed.

It took me a few minutes to even find the uninstall entry as it's referred simply as "Dual-core Optimizer" and not "AMD Dual-Core Optimizer". Sheer sloppiness IMO. Stop making excuses for other people's incompetence. ;)

10. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What a ****ty demo. Graphics look outdated and performance is poor (for the graphics it has).

I've been reading that the demo is an old build, but it feels so much like a crappy port it hurts. :puke2:

I'm not hopeful for the final game.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Well then there's a bug with the 275.33 drivers I'm using because if I add the demo executable to the profile then the black boxes appear even without forcing anything else in the profile.

What's the AA flag in the 275.36 drivers by the way; it may be that NVIDIA changed it. The 275.33 one is 0x00423004.

12. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    exactly dude, especially when many people wont be fortunate enough to have read your posts pointing out that the demo had installed this crap on their system, cant believe this guy who is trying to apologize for their stupidity

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Why would it cause system crashes? Tons of times when you install new demos or games it will install older versions of directX. Some cases it will want to install older versions of PhysX. If your config dosen't need it it won't use it. So stop crying about spilt milk! Your spreading FUD trying to scare everyone. Are you 12? You have no proof that this will cause any crashes but yet you rant on about it in threads? How about you grow up, take a sip of coffee and come back down to planet earth?

God Dam drama queens....

14. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Can't beleive you are freaken out without a shred of proof that it does anything negative whatsoever. Now that, is stupidity...

15. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    even if it does NOTHING, Why should a game install an "Dual Core Optimizer" on my system and make it run every time windows starts when I have an quad core, without even asking me ?

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Simply uninstall it

It is obviously adding it as default because most have dual cores and not quad cores. Besides who cares when all you have to do is simply uninstall it. It might take 8 seconds of your time, less time in fact then it takes to bitch about it on a forum.

Stop being a drama queen!!

17. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Soo much waiting and demo is such a disappointment.

Well , it was to be expected.

18. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080Ti
    Love the demo, but am getting some mad ass performance hits when I know that my rig is more than capable of running it at full whack. They seem to kick in when a checkpoint occurs. May need to look at a GPU driver upgrade.

19. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Amen to that!

20. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I think this game will get a 7 for the name but it deserves a 5 if the game plays like the demo. Not about graphics, the gameplay is awful.

I love my DN3D and this new game cant compare to it.