Dual Screen Questions (Windows XP)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ridill, May 18, 2007.

1. Ridill

Ridill Member

I used to run Vista RC2 for a while, and one of the nice things I liked about it, with regards to my dual screen setup, was that I could play games windowed, and drag the gaming window over to the second screen and full hardware acceleration was still intact, with no loss of framerate

is there an obvious reason why under Windows XP, this cannot be done? When dragging a windowed game to my secondary screen, the framerates immediately dip into single digits

is this impossible to do under XP, or is there a setting that can be changed or software that's downloadable that would allow this?

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    I have yet to see any single card with dual screen setup that does not exhibit slowdowns in 3D hardware acceleration. I thought that's the main reason why Matrox Dual/Tripple Head to Go was invented... ;)
    So, can you give us some details on your hardware setup?

3. Ridill

Ridill Member

Well as i said, you can do this under Windows Vista

my hardware is a 1950XT 512MB, core 2 duo @ 2.3ghz, 2GB of PC26400 / dual channel

it's not a hardware issue, as i said, it worked under Vista perfectly with the exact same hardware as i have right now