Dual Monitor Setup

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by darthminus, Dec 14, 2009.

1. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    Hello there.

I have a 27" monitor right now and im thinking of getting the samsung 120hz monitor for 3d gaming, and i have some questions. Because i dont have a clue about dual monitors setups, first of all is this setup possible? To have both my 27" and the 22" work in any combination? And if it works, can i use only the 22" monitor for the games? Im planning to do this with a GTX295 on Windows 7 btw.

Thanks in advance.

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    You can, you have to put the 22" infront of you and assign it as the primary monitor, and the 27" one as the secondary. Then select the resolutions you want to use on each monitor.

3. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
  4. Speedytech7

Speedytech7 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 9800GT 512 GDDR3
    It's Possible

It is possible to have that setup, I have a 24" Samsung and a 19" SOYO monitor in extended mode. I do recommend that you set the individual resolutions and have the bigger screen for gaming unless your graphics card can't support the resolution in games. But either way as long as you have enough monitor ports you can do any set-up you want.:pc1: