DTS:X Headphone app for Windows 10 1/2 off / Dolby Atmos is $4.50 off

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Chastity, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dts-sound-unbound/9pj0nkl8mcsj?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

DTS Sound Unbound application (normally $19.99) is $9.99 for a limited time. You may need to install the app, and purchase through it to get the pricing. (That's how I discovered it)

I don't know if Dolby Access (Atmos for Headphones) is on sale, tho I got it while it was 20% off awhile back.

EDIT: Appears Dolby Access (Atmos for Headphones) is $4.50 off as well. Normally, it's $14.99.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    warlord likes this.
  2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Its limited to 16bit/44khz I believe for headphones. Not worth it to me.

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    16/48 is what it defaults to, actually. But from what I understand, it will maintain bit depth and sampling of your encoded source, as applicable. Gaming audio is usually 16/48, or less.

4. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Nice. Thanks for the alert. It is superior to Dolby Atmos spatial surround sound, if you use "spacious" instead of "balanced" mode.

5. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Are you dog or something?

warlord and mbk1969 like this.
  6. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    It is a psychological placebo. If the bit/kHz was 64/768 you would pour liquid gold from your ears.:rolleyes:What, No?

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It's a venerable belief that Windows resampling is horrible. When Win10 came out, they rebuilt how audio is treated, and made DirectSound both capable of being bitperfect and improved the resampling quality.

Or he's a 24/96 or better junkie. ;)