DSR and custom refresh rate

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hemla, Nov 3, 2019.

1. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Hey, I am wondering is it possible to force custom refresh rate onto DSR in game. For me DSR is forcing everything into my monitors native 1920x1080@60Hz resolution, even when I am using 72Hz refresh normally.

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    This behavior was always there. NVidia never fixed it. To games to work at 72Hz DSR, switch your desktop to 72Hz DSR first and then start the game. I think this works with most games.

3. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Sadly doesn't work for my application. Game has few menus and I can get it to 72Hz in menus but not in actual game. By making 4K@72Hz resolution and setting my desktop to use it, I can get game to run in 4K@72Hz on 1080p monitor but I am 99.9% sure it's normal down sampling and not DSR(massive input lag).

4. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    So I have decided to scrap DSR and go for normal MSAA. And to be honest it's also the same. MSAA is forcing 60Hz refresh rate on my screen even when by CRU I force 72Hz refresh rate to be detected as native in NVCPL.

Is there anything wrong with my monitor or DSR/MSAA are supposed to only work in 60Hz?