Druid-generation Arc GPU is expected to be released in 2025, hints Intel.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Well none should consider the date set in stone not even close ! But i hope they do not encounter any major problems.

tunejunky likes this.
  3. Marios145

Marios145 Active Member

That's good because i was looking for an upgrade over their currently released GPUs....oh wait

sykozis likes this.
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I hope in 2025 Intel will be able to manufacture their own GPU chips. Although by then TSMC will have more capacity, but the demand will likely keep growing as well. Consumers suffer when demand is much higher than supply.

tunejunky likes this.

5. MachinaEx

MachinaEx Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1660 Super
    Well this is going to be interesting, to see if Intel has got the power to return to GPU market since it's abandonment in the late 90's. I am cheering for the so that finally NVIDIA and AMD get some nice competition their way after more than 20 years of domination of GPU market...speaking of which I hear tales that the Chinese will enter the market soon!

6. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Yeah Intel can finally make a graphics card because all the patents on innovations from 3dfx, ATI, Nvidia, and AMD have finally expired, yay.

7. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    What?

8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Intel, how about releasing that damn 1st gen GPU first instead of already talking about the 4th gen of it? (Not talking about iGPU's in Alder Lake)
    For a few years we are hearing about how Intel "might" release its new GPU this year, next year or whenever.

I highly doubt we'll see its launch in 2022, but I hope I'm wrong. A bit of more competition and hopefully availability would be nice. I can't wait to see the benches.

Oh, and FU miners/scalpers in advance!

sykozis likes this.
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    a couple of things are happening now that will greatly increase the availability of gpu's & cpu's...
    TSMC is building a massive fab in Arizona and Samsung is building a massive fab in Texas, in addition to the new massive Intel fabs.

2025 is shaping up to have zero supply chain issues which is probably part of the optimism @ Intel.
    also Intel's supply partners are branching out with new facilities for TSMC and Samsung production (w/o impacting Intel).
    my goodness it'll be like 2000 all over again (in terms of all American manufacture).

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I just hope Intel will flood the market with whatever they are producing in order to create even more competition.

11. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    I cannot see any competition in the gpu arena in the near future, considering how low-mid-high-end all levelled up price wise :(

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm hoping Intel will flood the market with whatever they are producing in order to create some degree of availability..... I mean, I've got a little experience with Xe mobile and it's far from impressive, but I'm still willing to give the desktop variant a shot....

tunejunky likes this.