drivers...................................

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by duffie, Jan 18, 2001.

1. duffie

duffie Guest

Where can i find the drivers for the <BR>.......... pci serial controller ....???<P>Motherboard.....unknown<BR>i440 bx chipset.<BR>pII intel 400 mhz.<BR>sb live <BR>Rockwell pci56rvp PCI modem 56k<P>Explanation:<P>I have installed the Rockwell modem with the correct drivers, no sweat oke..<P>When i restart the pc, Windows asked me to install the Pci serial controller.......<P>You can find this at - Control panel - System - Device manager - Other Devices.<P>But the problem is now i can't use the modem.<BR>if a remove the pci modem from the board <BR>everything is oke ( in System) no conflicts,<BR>no yellow exclamations.<BR>then i connect the pci modem into the board.<BR>Start the pc and............ Windows found new hardware..... please install the PCI Serial Controller.?????<P>I have searched the net but i found nothing.<BR>My problems are gone if i can install the pci seral controller drivers but ........<P>Who has an idea ?? Thanks...<P>

2. Bitch Magnet

Bitch Magnet Guest

I think your modem is wonky. That is, either a hardware problem or a driver problem. Maybe just ignore it and it might still work.<P>BM