Drivers stop working...all the time.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Ewilusz, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    Every time I boot up the computer, for the first five minutes, I will get on and off display drivers have stopped working and has recovered. This has happened with multiple drivers I have gotten including 11.11c and the latest 11.12 beta drivers.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It is very annoying.

Also, everytime I install fresh drivers I get that it installed but with warnings. when I check the log I cannot find these warnings. I have tried uninstalling all the drivers and running driver sweep, with each install as well.

Another side note is that for all my past whitepixel problems, I do not think it is my cards. I have tried two different cards, tested cpu through prim95 and used memtest, all cleared. SO down to HDD and Mobo I suppose on that one.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    are you OCing your card? that happens allot if your Vcc is too low, or the fan profile isnt set properly for your OC level.

3. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    Nah it is not Oc'ed at all atm. May raise my fan speed to see if it helps.

4. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    Make sure your temps are good, run a memory/cpu test on your computer.

If everything checks out, do a fresh install of windows.

5. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    did those test a few weeks ago so think I will do a fresh install after my finals are done.

6. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    Tried turning fanspeed up, then while running steam, microsoftsecurity essentials, and browsing the interwebz the driver crashes literally every minute.

7. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    check ur Vcc and increase it a little.

8. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

I've had that problem but it's been a few years. It really was bad when Windows Vista was first released. The solution was always better drivers. Have you done the absolute full "colon cleansing" version of driver cleansing with "Windows Install Clean Up" to clean all the trash out of your system as listed in this forum?

9. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    did a reformat, with 11.8 drivers was fine. went to 11.11 through steam and it happens alot at start up again.