Drivers not detecting games?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mwpeck, Mar 31, 2011.

1. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Staying on the WHQL drivers for now, but I have them installed along with the latest SLI profiles....when loading the 3D Settings in the nVidia control panel, if I check "Show only programs found on this computer" it shows:

IE, Sidebar, Opera, Steam and Windows Media Center and Player....it doesn't show TF2, Crysis 2, Just Cause 2, or any other games I do have installed. Any reason for this?

Any way I can fix it?

I assume it is still loading the SLI profiles in the appropriate games, but can I be certain? It's not detecting that I have those games installed so I don't think it would be able to properly detect that a certain game was running either.

2. Smikis

Smikis Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290
    use evga precision on screen display to see if both cards are working, there are plenty of games that arent detect but sli will work if game exe is one in sli profile

3. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Both are working, I use Everest to monitor both temps and utilization, in Crysis 2 for example they both hang out around 80% utilization. I also enabled the on-screen SLI indicator and it appears in Crysis 2 and TF2 (haven't tried Just Cause 2 since enabling the indicator), and it also does not show it in Runes of Magic which I specifically targeted and told not to run SLI (I've read RoM can have some issues with SLI).

I take it that it's somewhat normal for nVidia Contrl Panel to not detect all of the games you have?