Drivers for AMD switchable graphics on HP

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Prolar, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Prolar

Prolar New Member

GPU:
    AMD Mobility 5650 1GB
    Hello everybody,
    I'm having a driver problem on my laptop, an HP pavilion dv6 (model is 3034-sl). Motherboard should be AMD M880g with integrated HD4250, and dedicated GPU is a Mobility HD5650.
    Right now I have the official HP drivers from 2010 (they're the latest, go figure), because I tried updating using the AMD catalyst but got a BSOD and had to restore the originals.
    I tried searching the forum but found no results.
    Does anybody have any tips on this? I know about Leshcat drivers but they're for Intel+AMD chipsets so I'm guessing they won't work. And I'm also guessing I require legacy drivers since the integrated GPU is an HD4250.

Thank you!

2. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    I have the dv6-3147ca with the 5470 dedicated and 4250 integrated and the 12.11 from dellon132 works awesome! His Hotifx 10 Preview 1 is awesome, only thing is the Youtube Player App isn't working if you are with Windows 8. If you try the Hotifx 10 Preview 2, you may have flicker in fullscreen on some sites (as I do), but give that one a try first as I get awesome performance.

Here is the link to his thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=372799

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  3. Prolar

Prolar New Member

GPU:
    AMD Mobility 5650 1GB
    Thank you, shall give it a try now and report!
    Or not, if my laptop explodes.

EDIT: just installed those new drivers on the older ones, and worked like a charm! No problems at all so far, it even fixed some graphics bugs in some games. Thank you very much! Thread can now be closed.

4. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    No problem! glad to have helped.

BTW how did you update over the driver because to install the HP drivers, I have to apply compatibility and set it to Windows 7 and that screws up me being able to install any more Display Adapter drivers even when I uninstall it. Also I am stuck with Catalyst Control Center instead of the Vision Control Center because of this. Do u have Windows 7 or Windows 8?