Drivers drop and screen freezes/blacks out

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Mina Lieung, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Mina Lieung

Mina Lieung New Member

GPU:
    Corsair 32gb 1600mhz
    Hi guys,

So I just built my new desktop pc, when i try to run any games my screens either lock up for about 30s then drops out completely, or they just go black and i cant do anything other than restart my pc.
    When i restart my pc the screens don't turn on till the windows logo pops up, this means that i cannot get into the bios to have a look.
    I have no idea what to do anymore, ive got the latest drivers for my gpu's and motherboard.
    I cannot reinstall windows due to the fact that i cannot get into the bios and change the boot options around

specs:

motherboard - ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX PROFESSIONAL AMD 990
    cpu - AMD FX 6200 6-CORE BLACK EDITION CPU 3.8Ghz
    gpu - Gigabyte ATI HD 7850 OC Edition (x2)
    ram - Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance Performance Memory DDR3 1600MHz (x2)
    HDD - Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB SATAIII Hard Disk Drive (for windows)
    and Hitachi DeskStar 2TB 7K3000 SATA III Hard Disk Drive (everything else)
    monitor - Samsung 24" S24B300H Widescreen LED Monitor (x2)
    case - Lian Li Lancool Black PC-K9WX First Knight K Series Mid Tower Chassis

Im running windows 7 ultimate 64bit

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    power supply?

are you saying on fresh boot you cant get into the bios? or only after the crash

i guess x2 also means you're crossfire

3. Mina Lieung

Mina Lieung New Member

GPU:
    Corsair 32gb 1600mhz
    sorry i forgot to put the PSU in, its a Silverstone 1500w ST1500 Power Supply Unit, i dont think i have any problems powering it haha.

my mate managed to fix the bios problem, with a some form of reset.
    before that bios wouldnt show up regardless of if i had crashed or not.

i think the video drivers crashing maybe because i am running 1x HDMI and 1x HDMI/DVI crossover cable, i will be buying VGA/DVI crossover cables and removing HDMI for good.
    im not sure if this will fix the problem but it cant hurt it to try