Driver Sweeper 2.0.0 is released

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Phyxion, Jul 21, 2009.

1. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    The only "problem" that I have with DS is the need of NETFramework 3.0. I use XPSP3 and I don´t like the extra "FAT".......I like 0% calories meals ;)

2. wildstaroct

wildstaroct Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6950 (modded)
    Wow, great job on the quick turnaround, many thanks.

3. saberwolf

saberwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 290x x2
    Not really sure where you are going with this software??

Why would I need a software to remove the drivers from my system??

Especially when it's hard to even try an keep them up to date??

4. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Wait, what?

It's meant for those who don't want any incompatibilities with certain hardware (sometimes left behind after a driver uninstall).

If you don't like it, don't install it. Heck you don't even have to install it, Phyxion was kindly enough to provide binary files. So unless you're running into any "issues" I suggest your leave your comments elsewhere.

5. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Well all I can say about this is is move on, .NET is used a lot and will grow even more, and those few MB (Ain't really more than 50MB) ain't worth saving diskspace for. Also Vista comes with .NET 3.0 and W7 .NET 3.5. I already lowered the requirements to .NET 3.0 just because it also worked in .NET 3.0. Driver Sweeper 1.5.5 didn't required .NET but I didn't liked that build at all due to several errors I couldn't fix due to limitations of the programming language. Since .NET doesn't really have any of those limitations it was way easier to just rewrite everything. Another advantage of .NET is that it is not required to have different executables for each OS (x86 and x64), thats what you see a lot nowdays. I'd rather have all in one so its more easy for users to just grab a version and see it working instead of downloading the wrong executable.
    Another advantage of .NET is the size. Because the libs have to be installed on each system you don't need to sort of include them into your executable which saves a lot of filesize.
    Bottomline: Just install .NET 3.0 (Or just .NET 3.5 :)), it doesn't do any harm to your OS and these days it's just another requirement like Flash. Microsoft also notices this because it packs it with their OS already. No big deal ;)

6. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    I'm currently working on the command line. I'm going to redo this completely. The current parameters will change a bit and I might also add a "-quit" parameter to quit DS after desktop restore.
    Will be good :)

7. saberwolf

saberwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 290x x2
    I have never ran into any issue with a driver that needed uninstalling,so I never found my self needing a driver uninstall software.

Personally I have never heard of anything like this, I am not bashing this guys product I just wanted to know what's the logic behind it???

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  8. BeLGaRaTh_67

BeLGaRaTh_67 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GT680 Classified 4GB
    I appreciate what you are saying there are, iirc, other apps like this (see prior posts), but sometimes nvidia does f00k up so you need to remove everything to do with previous drivers in order to install the newer versions correctly. This is the perfect app, it deletes the previous installations, as well as tidying up a lot of stuff, thus leaving you free to install newer drivers/physx etc.

The app is also invaluable if you move from ati to nvidia or vice/versa you know you can install the newer software/drivers with no issues.

With that, I am signing out, I love this app, and it (as far as im concerned) does not need to be defended. It is the best of its kind.

9. alxtorrentazos

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    Glad to hear that :)
    Usually the only thing I do with DS is restore screen resolution and icons position on desktop......if we could just make a .bat file and double click to do this, it would be great :D (hint: "driversweeper.exe -restorescreen") ;)

BTW, FYI, I have .NET3.5 for XP installation.......size of .exe = 237mb.
    .NET3.0 for XP.........50mb.

10. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    I currently got several options, like "-icon:last" or "-icon:first" or "-icon:Entry". I also added a "-quit" parameter to close Driver Sweeper after the parameters you've entered.

11. alxtorrentazos

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    GREAT news mate :D

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Maybe you are not getting the point. You are supposed to run this after uninstalling the software to be sure that there's no "leftovers" from previous driver version that could cause problems. If not else it removes old driver that has been extracted somewhere if (and when) uninstaller didn't remove them. Though, I personally think that just uninstalling the driver will be enough. But if you happen to have odd problems with new drivers you might want to use this kind of tool to make sure you are clean from old stuff and then try again with new drivers.

13. MrHydes

MrHydes Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SLI
    do you guys think this tool is reliable?

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea its a handy tool :nerd:

btw there is a newer version 2.0.1

15. r2rX

r2rX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    This works absolutely great. Thanks very much. ;)