Driver recommendations for window mode gaming (SLI Setup)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Atoll, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Atoll

Atoll Member

GPU:
    GTX 295 Dual PCB w/ bckpl
    Are there any gamers here who prefer to play at least some major 3D games in a window mode?

My monitor resolution is 2560x1600 and I've noticed how eye straining multi hour intensive gaming is at full screen. At least regarding to highly paced action games.

My question is, is someone playing TF2 in a window mode?

I have tried many different drivers but 180 series seemed to have issues especially in kill cam screen of TF2. Best driver for this kind of gaming was the 196.75 so far.

Usually there is noticeable lag in window mode. In 196.75 the lag was very miminal.

2. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    ur having "waves" scrolling on screen with high gpu usage? u can try limit it with vsync if that dosnt bother u

or u can try to spread ur power cables to separate outlets to balance load, might help

remember, excessive intensive gaming nails ur eyes, u need to move em so they dont dry out and have brakes time to time

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  3. [ODB]

[ODB] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800 GT ULTIMATE SLI
    uninstall 196.75 it will kill your gpu asap

4. Atoll

Atoll Member

GPU:
    Yeah, I uninstalled it. Using 196.34 now.

5. Atoll

Atoll Member

GPU:
    Thanks. I've tried tweaking with nHancer but some drivers just handle the windowed mode better. 186.18 was one of these and it's a shame that 190 series is noticeably slower in windowed use.

6. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    i ment that for fullscreen mode