Driver Questions

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SightUp, Jan 18, 2020.

1. SightUp

SightUp Guest

GPU:
    With the most recent official release posted on Nvidia's website for my GPU, it removes the control panel and requires one to download it via the Microsoft Store which I do not even have installed so I am in search of a new place to download my graphic drivers.

1) Do the drivers that are posted in this forum all include that? Such as: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-441-87-whql-download-discussion.430186/

2) The ones that are supposedly clean, how are they cleaned precisely? https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/441-87-441-99-beta-442-01-hotfix-clean-version.421390/

3) How are these drivers a one driver for all the cards solution? Going off the link above, I presume that is for the 1060, 1070 and 1080 along with the respective 2000 series. I do not know much about Nvidia's driver release process, but, on their site they make you choose which card you have. Yet, 3dguru has one driver for many different cards. Am I loosing any performance by not getting a card specific driver? How does this work?

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
  3. SightUp

SightUp Guest

GPU:
    Well, assuming I am not missing out on anything, I would much rather have a clean version of the driver. I was just curious about it.

4. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    The clean driver is the driver with just the driver and none of the extra features.

As to your first question the driver installer is the same for all the cards it supports.

Current drivers support:

5. SightUp

SightUp Guest

GPU:
    Because the drivers normally send info or telemetry, without that part of the drivers being installed, is there an error that happens as a result? My thought is that if you have a service to Disable, that would potentially stop that error.

6. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    No its fine but that data is useful for Nvidia in various ways to help with the driver development most likely.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The phobia regarding DCH drivers is amazing, and without merit. The time has come to adopt the new Standard. (Oh look, I made a pun)

8. SightUp

SightUp Guest

GPU:
    What is a DCH driver and how does it help me?

9. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Yeah, I also initially thought that, why push DHC, just let me continue with Standard. Then I installed the latest driver and completely forgot about the default download being DHC, and I haven't bothered to change back.

10. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Imo there is no need for installing the DCH driver, as
    a) cleaning it isn't as easy - in the DCH download, features for Turing (NGX) etc are missing. I assume they're also downloaded from the winstore or whatever
    b) DCH offers neither performance improvements, nor stability, nor security
    c) the panel installed from the winstore isn't newer or anything else compared to the one in the standard driver

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    NGX is not missing.

look through the unpacked dch drivers display.driver folder.

kurtextrem likes this.