Driver not found, user defined fan not working

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by miladk, Feb 4, 2010.

1. miladk

miladk New Member

GPU:
    ATI Force3d Radeon 5870
    Hi,
    i am really confused, since i bought my force3d 5870 i cannot use the automatic fan feature with any software at all, because the fan speed never change from 28% even at 90c !!!

so i must set the fan speed manually to play games etc...

today i have installed the msi afterburner 1.4.2 and then 1.5 to test the automatic fan control.

here a screenshot:

[​IMG]

as you can see, afterburner do not found any driver (i am using catalyst 10.1) and the shader clock is inactive too.
    and then i have tested the automatic fan feature, but it did not work for me!
    i played several games, but the fan speed did not change at all. :bang:

i need really help to get this work :cry:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    1. Your driver may not install correctly. Uninstall previous driver and re-install the new driver for your card.

2. Shader will not work for ATI in AB.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

How do you expect to get software automatic working if you don't have <Auto> button pressed on your screenshot?

4. miladk

miladk New Member

GPU:
    ATI Force3d Radeon 5870
    Yes, it is working now, thanks.

but i have noticed that the fan speed can only increase and decrease 20% at minimum in every state for example, if the fan speed is on 20% i can increase it to 40%-100% (min. 20% increase) but not to 30%, and if the fan speed is 50% i can decrease it to 20%-30% (min. 20% decrease) but not to 40%.

this is very important when setting the fan curve, because the fan speed would not increase to a higher or lower state if the state is below the 20% distance.

so i can only set: 20%-->40%-->60%-->80%-->100%
    or : 30%-->50%-->70%-->90%

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010

5. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Next time you should buy MSI card, there will be no problem ...:banana: