[Driver Mod] NimeZ Radeon Software 21.10.2 WHQL + GCN & Legacy Pack (Released)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

?

Are you satisfying using NimeZ AMD Radeon Drivers?

Poll closed May 17, 2021.
  1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    77.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. peat857

peat857 New Member

GPU:
    MSI AirBoost Vega56
    Hello, I'm a new one here. If I want to install your modded driver. What do I have to do?

2. Nikola Stajic

Nikola Stajic New Member

GPU:
    R9 380x 4GB
    Hello! I just found out about this modded driver, looks great, but I still do not understand..what benefits will it provide to my r9 380x?
    I am using an official driver, last updated a month ago I think.

Oh and does enabling shader cache to always on have some downsides/cons?

Thanks all!

3. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Don't ask silly questions, just read the first post on first page.

@Nikola Stajic
    Support for R9 380x has ended few solid months ago, those drivers let you use newest fixes, and let you play newer games.

Nikola Stajic likes this.
  4. Scoop

Scoop Active Member

GPU:
    R2900 X2
    I think the user was just asking for a bit extra help, some people do genuinely need it, to be fair it is at first a complicated procedure and if your not confident with it you best leave it

SebastianDI and DragonMaster95 like this.

5. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    to be fair, it is hard to read the original post, V3 v2 then v3 of somthing else, i understand the OP is not an english native speaking man, but a one link solution would be appreciated, but i understand the OP wants to help most of the old video cards users.

6. Nezuh

Nezuh New Member

GPU:
    yes
    It kinda depends of what GPU do you have, but the foolproof steps would be:

1) First check what generation your GPU is (Terascale, GCN or Polaris/Vega/Navi).

Now, head to the corresponding section here:
    [​IMG]

2)a) If it is Terascale it's simple. Just download the first driver from the list, unzip and install.
    (I don't have much experience with Terascale, but I think that's it).

2)b) If GCN, Polaris or later:
    Download the drivers from here (in this example, I choose GCN), and also a dependencies file. Just one of each.
    [​IMG]
    You don't need to worry about the additional addons for now.

Regarding the dependencies, you can choose either Classic or Windows Store (WinStore) edition. Both should be basically the same, but when in doubt I would go for the classic.
    And about the driver release, the best is usually the newest one. (Last one in the list. In this example it would be "( 21.10.1 V3 )")

3) Now unzip the downloaded file wherever you want, and put the dependencies file you downloaded into the "Dependencies" folder.
    [​IMG]
    4) Now you can run NzSetup.exe and start the installation.
    Note: If this is your first time installing one of these mods, I suggest that you download DDU, and delete your current video drivers first.
    ----------------
    The installer is quite explanatory then, but if you feel lost, just choose the first option both times (AMD Driver Installation, and Begin Install AMD Radeon Drivers)
    Remember to choose "Yes" when the system asks you if you are sure you want to install these drivers, and do not choose "Restart" when it finishes installing the dependencies.

stfrcw, Foxthehuman, peat857 and 5 others like this.
  7. SebastianDI

SebastianDI Active Member

GPU:
    AMD blabla
    "Don't ask silly questions, just read the first post on first page."
    Hello?! @Martin
    Gehts noch?! Whats up with you, dude?
    Sowas geht gar nicht! This way you make new users run away.
    Cheers, DI!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Nezuh likes this.
  8. alejito480

alejito480 New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 390
    [​IMG]

i'm having this message from War Thunder a few days installe the drivers, idk how fix it.
    in some games like APEX, i see some errors trying to open the game, but nothing important

Attached Files:

9. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    Try WHQL Fixer on NzSetup

10. Zyll Goliat

Zyll Goliat Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Install driver again....I have the very same problem the thing is that you probably have some program like Advanced System Care installed on your system and after a week or so when you run it to check your system and delete the "junk" it will also delete some of the driver packages in Nimez drivers....

11. Tiago Muller

Tiago Muller Member

GPU:
    XFX R7 360 2GB
    How is the GCN Driver performing in Windows 11? Has anyone tested it? I'm not sure whether to upgrade to Windows 11 or keep Windows 10? My PC doesn't have TPM 2.0 (Xeon E5-2630 V2, X79), so I didn't want to test it yet. But if there are performance gains, I'm in.

12. aevr0910

aevr0910 New Member

GPU:
    R7 260X
    W11 would perform worse (Windows on launch day, anyone? lol - Also more bloatware, probably), best to give it some time

Tiago Muller likes this.
  13. Zyll Goliat

Zyll Goliat Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    It performs fine even a bit better then win10...I also have X79 platform with the Xeon 2697 V2 40Gb Asus Sabertooth mobo and R9 Fury...I installed Win11 22449.1000 devs.build(and after that I blocked updates via Zub) also you will need TPM hack and you can install win 11 over yours win10 and keep all files&programs....In short under the hood system is almost the same as win 10 but apparently for newer and this latest Intel CPU's that will arrive soon it supposed to perform much better.....

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Tiago Muller likes this.
  14. Ivan6

Ivan6 New Member

GPU:
    intel
    Is it possible to use old ui switcher addon for choosing which app should be on power saving (integrated gpu) or performance (dedicated gpu) mod? Current adrenalin ui version failing to automatically use dedicated gpu in some cases with my APU dual graphics (both gpu GCN 1).

15. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Time to upgrade to AMD

but yea, upgrade to W11 since its at least giving a small performance boost.

Tiago Muller likes this.

16. ronsanto10

ronsanto10 New Member

GPU:
    Raedon 6570
    driver eta of 21.10.2?

17. Foxthehuman

Foxthehuman Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 520
    Sure, it can. I just tested.

Ivan6 likes this.
  18. bakasensei

bakasensei New Member

GPU:
    hd5670 512mb ->r9 380 4gb
    Installed on my R9 380 4GB from powercolor, seems ok until now. It managed to fix a regression which caused stutters in some games, it doesn't makes the driver UI glitchy, which is also a plus comparing with the latest official driver. I didn't have it long enough to say driver time outs are gone, but at least this is on par with the best experience I had before with any driver.

19. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 Fury
    Really strange that we haven't heard from @mylipho15 for several days now.

Hope everything is ok.

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  20. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Was thinking the same. He changed the title but never gave a feedback which is strange :D hope he is ok.

inplayruns likes this.