[Driver Mod] NimeZ Radeon Software 21.10.2 WHQL + GCN & Legacy Pack (Released)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

?

Are you satisfying using NimeZ AMD Radeon Drivers?

Poll closed May 17, 2021.
  1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    77.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. hatchthenewflow

hatchthenewflow New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8 Gb
    Thanks for the driver, While it works fine, I can't say anything about stability yet (but if something happens, I'll try to write).
    "Radeon Boost enabled by default" - after installation, it was not enabled by default (I don't think it's bad, just for information).
    Path Of Exile (Vulkan), Forza Horizon 4 (DX12), Battlefield 4 (DX 11 witch PnkBstr) - Works fine.
    The only problem is the "easy anti-cheat" in the game War Thunder. First, he talks about an unsupported video card DX10 and higher, then another error from easy anti-cheat (it is likely that such a problem will be in any game with these easy anti-cheat), the reactions of other anti-cheats are also interesting (if these conflicts were written somewhere, please give link).
    It is also interesting that if you start the game without anti-cheat, it will start normally and without errors ... But you will not be able to play it since you need anti-cheat for sessions.
    Will there be any future solution to this problem?

Attached Files:

2. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    upload_2021-5-31_12-46-30.png
    Check the DXDIAG and should look like this. if "WHQL Logo: Yes", the problem should gone. If "WHQL Logo: No", you had to reinstall the driver with DDU first.

3. hatchthenewflow

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8 Gb
    5 times tried to reinstall.
    DDU, reboot, NZSetup.bat (2 times I click on "install anyway"), then installing the driver 21.5.2 itself, then installing the last CCC_UI from the dependencies, safely closing and clearing the CMD * installation, reboot, no WHQL.
    (I tried to run it from the administrator and change the initial installation folder to a short path - I don’t know why, enabled "developer mode" in windows settings - nothing worked).
    Maybe there are other requirements for installation?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  4. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Thank you so much for this. Freesync feels a lot smoother for some reason and it's actually working as it should. If I use the official drivers, sometimes freesync will just not like a certain game and it will just stop working for some reason until I restart the game. This doesn't happen with the modded drivers. I always thought that it was a monitor issue until now.

5. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    upload_2021-6-1_10-56-50.png
    Check Device manager, the device list should look like this

6. hatchthenewflow

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8 Gb
    2 "Authenticode(tm)" drivers and 2 " Digitally signed" drivers.
    Authenticode(tm) is selected by default.
    (The MBDA is also signed).
    image3.png

7. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    upload_2021-6-1_21-26-46.png
    try check WHQL digital signatures and check the display tab. WHQL status should be On

8. hatchthenewflow

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8 Gb
    After checking the box, the WHQL logo changed to yes, but did not help (reinstalled the direct x from the "offline package 2010"), rebooted, the same error when starting the game as in the first message.
    Most likely the problem is in the anti-cheat database, but we cannot send them files to be added to their database, as I understand it?
    Or is there nothing to do with Anti-Cheat?

9. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    i have Easy Anti-Cheat games like Paladins, Vallorant, Rogue Company, Apex Legends and there's no problem with EAC Errors.

10. hatchthenewflow

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8 Gb
    Rust, when starting up to the menu, it loads 90 +% of the CPU, when closing it through the task manager, I get an error EAC pointing to aticfx64.dll
    Apex Legends, also an error EAC pointing to aticfx64.dll
    Removed the driver (DDU), installed "non-whql-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.5.2-win10-64bit-may17"
    Everything started without any errors.
    In the device manager, in the GPU drivers, there are only 2 Digitally signed drivers (and of course MBDA).
    Maybe your drivers for "RX Vega" should not have 4 drivers, but only 2 ?
    (Just guesswork, compared to your screenshot of the available drivers for the video card). imageRust.png imageApex.png
    Anyway, thanks for your work, I will try your next version.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    D1stRU3T0R likes this.

11. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R7 260x
    what exactly are the "opengl tweaks" included in this

12. Mt441PL

Mt441PL Active Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Pulse 12GB
    Sorry for the fuss a few posts ago, i do like the driver and its tweaks and i am using it on 21.4 LTS version now. I didnt mean to spread misinformation either about the reg entries, i just was wrong. These bits and bobs still do something especially on GCN.

13. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    this is an example i played 3 different games with EAC based, and working without problem
    spellbreak.jpg paladins.jpg roguecompany.jpg

14. DeadStaar

DeadStaar New Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ 6900 XT
    What is the separate Dependencies (cc2.exe) download for? Do I need it? The install (simple method) only has three screenshots but doesn't say if I need to download the WHQL spotfix plus the dependencies file? If so, which installs first?

15. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    The dependencies is an AMD Adrenalin UI Software, which needed during installation. I separate them from driver packaging, creating smaller the packaging size of driver .
    upload_2021-6-19_23-18-11.png

16. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    The first time when a driver gets released is to look here. Now gonna be checking every few minutes :p

17. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    Modding still on process, but they dropped the support for GCN :(, so i need friend pc to test it, they use RX 580. Btw i will try porting driver for GCN support for future release.

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  18. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    I saw, I just calculated that before, with all supported GPU-s they had like 500 different GPU-s. Now that they dropped GCN1-3, barely like 50 (didn't counted these)

19. mylipho15

mylipho15 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    The Porting Driver seems to be working for now on my laptop, so far tested:
    • DX12 Titles: Strange Brigade, Sniper Elite 4, FIFA 18
    • Vulkan Titles: Strange Brigade, DOTA 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Zombie Army 4
    • OpenGL Titles: DOTA 2, Minecraft, Cities in Motion, DOOM (2016)
    • DX11 Titles: Valorrant, GTA V
    • DX9 Titles: SimCity, CSGO, GTA IV
    • Working OpenCL on Applications like Photoshop, Adobe Media Encoder, Davinci, etc.
    Good News: Porting it's worked because the DLL libraries used on dx12/vulkan/opengl are newer using 21.6.1
    Bad News: Unfortunately, i don't know how long the 21.4 LTS Base Kernel for porting can keep up with newer DLL libraries.

Driver will released if EAC Game Protection passed.

20. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    For legacy can't you just use the old kernel before 21.4.1, the last one which had support for IGPU oc? (and then update the DLL/blobs till they don't support it anymore?)

And make a normal driver for the supported GPUs, so this way we don't compromise anything

+the binaries got updated, no? I saw that it has different instalation, funnily enough, still saying 2020 xd