Driver issue with my x1950xt sapphire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by deftoner500, Jan 11, 2007.

1. deftoner500

deftoner500 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    Hey guys anyone have this problem?

I reinstalled windows (fresh) and im still getting this issue when I install the 6.12's for my x1950xt I just got.

Tells me theres new hardware found and driver couldnt be found every time I install it.

[​IMG]

2. deftoner500

deftoner500 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    And im only installing the "display driver" not the whole suite.

3. deftoner500

deftoner500 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    Ok now my computer freezes everytime I go to shutdown... This is driving me crazy.

well im going to start messing with it because I have these dots all over my screen now its going crazy.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  4. trapper_87

trapper_87 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7970
    I havnt tried to use any of the newer drivers for this card yet. I use the ones that came on the CD...I read somewhere after buying it that some drivers just dont seem to want to work with it (inc. the 6.12) so it might be a good idea to try the new ones that just came out (7.1?). Ill be trying tomorrow when I am at my PC (laptop for now) and Ill let you know how that goes if you cant get to it.

5. deftoner500

deftoner500 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    Hrm maybe I should stick with the ones from the cd huh? I havent tried it so ill see what it does. The 7.1's I heard were giving even more problems to non crossfire users.

6. Sfolivier

Sfolivier Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT 256mb (672/972)
    6.12 worked fine for me. On a fresh install of Windows, this is rather weird. Make sure you load the conservative default settings of your bios. Any chance you're pushing your rig a little bit too hard?

I would try to run everything at stock speed. If you still have dots all over the screen on a fresh install of Windows at stock. RMA the card :(

7. deftoner500

deftoner500 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    Well I put the cd drivers on and it looks great... That "Uknown device" installed off the cd just fine so thats all taken care of. I still have a issue of shutting down windows its really strange.. I have to power it off by hand every time because it hangs at the "Shutting down windows" part. Any suggestions on that one :) Every once in a while it wont hang btw.. like 1 out of 10 times.