Driver Geforce 2 MX 400 for Win Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hoanglong2793, Dec 27, 2007.

1. hoanglong2793

hoanglong2793 New Member

GPU:
    /Geforce 2 MX 400 /64MB
    I have a video card NVIDIA: Geforce 2 MX 400. I install Vista Home Premium but i can't find the driver for this card. Please help me. I very need the Driver for this card. Please give me.
    Thank you very much.

2. Waylander

Waylander Guest

I'd be VERY surprised if you find one, as far as I know nvidia didn't support anything that early with Vista drivers

3. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 Gaming 2G
    That's correct, there is no Vista support for that card (or series). nVidia's Vista support starts with GeForce 6, basic drivers for GeForce 5 series are within Vista.

4. Kolos

Kolos Member

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Download latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia or Laptopvideo2go.com website and extract it somewhere on your hard drive. You can use WinRar for that. Than from same website (Laptopvideo2go.com) you can find modded INF file (exactly here), which includes support for almost all Nvidia cards (PC or Laptop). Place this file (nv_disp.inf) into extracted folder (replace original INF). After that start installation by clicking on setup.exe file.

That should work;)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007

5. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I thought Vista required a card with PS2.0 support , or was that only with Aero o_o
    either way, modifying the INF is the only way, or just stick with the default windows driver.

6. i_am_vince

i_am_vince Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800Gts 320 OC (factory clocked
    Interesting.... hope you are able to find the driver that works. but i'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, maybe you just want to try if that's possible, but just dont curse anyone if it's not working or work very very very slowly.
    btw if it's a legit copy of vista, will it ruined the license to install on a system not even officially supported??

Happy New Year.

7. calebMaster

calebMaster Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970 1125/1500
    i have that vchip on my old notebook , but when i "stupid me " wanted to install vista it worked......but no driver so what i did was i had to get the oldest 70XX series drivers XP 32bit versions...... and it worked lucky me right ? :) so give it a try guru should have the 70's still.