Driver crashed after using VSR in Just Cause 3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDuser, Dec 18, 2015.

1. AMDuser

AMDuser New Member

GPU:
    MSI R390 8GB
    This afternoon, I switched on virtual super resolution to test it in Just Cause 3. After changing te resolution somewhat, the screen suddenly went blank and the monitor went in power save mode. When I restarted the computer, I got picture until the windows 7 login screen, from that point, the monitor went blank and goes in power saving mode.

After rebooting in save mode, I got picture. I deleted the radeon driver and did a reinstall of the radeon driver. Immediately after the installation, the screen went blank again. I did the trick again (save mode - > delete) with another radeon version with no succes, direct after the installation, no picture.

I did a clean Windows 7 install, but after installing radeon driver (original from the CD delivered by the GPU) no picture immediately after installing the driver. Only without driver I am able to get picture.

I didn't use overclock. Is my GPU damaged by using VSR ? The version where I switched on VSR was 15.12

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. AMDuser

AMDuser New Member

GPU:
    MSI R390 8GB
    The screen is black and the monitor goes in power saving mode when the driver is switched on, so I assume there is no picture or a format that doesn't fit the screen. I don't have other errors or crashes, machine works fine without driver switched on. When the drives is switched on I can login and hear sound, but no picture.

Sadly, I don't have antother machine to test the GPU.

3. AMDuser

AMDuser New Member

GPU:
    MSI R390 8GB
    I don't know about a second bios on this (MSI R390 8GB) card. I can try another monitor.

It's only three weeks old, worked fine with no artifacts. I will contact the shop . .

4. AMDuser

AMDuser New Member

GPU:
    MSI R390 8GB
    I found the solution: The DVI cable wasn't attached properly in the screen :bang::bang::bang:

I found it after testing another monitor.

Thanks for the support!